1. À Nouveau

AN~ YASS my first LawLu story!!! It's my birthday today that's why i picked May 17 to start this baby. This will be my 7th full length book.
I'm so happy with this chapter so please enjoy, vote, and comment!
~~~

''What ya gots there Law?" laughed Eustass Kidd and his group of dingdongs. All I wanted to do was eat my spaghetti from the thermos my dad made for me in peace, but, when your the class freak, you don't get those luxuries. My skin was stained with an extreme case of eczema. Basically dry, itches patches, but, because my condition was so intense, the splotches were bright red and bumpy.

Let's just say, I stood out, even in the fifth grade.

I didn't respond as I heard his combat boots come closer and closer. Not like I could hide, and if I fought back, only more punches would come tomorrow. Dropping my thermos to the table, I clenched the ends of my oversized hat in order to brace myself of the punches yet to come.  My whole body was stiff with anticipation, but the stinging blow never came .

With anxiety coursing through my veins instead of blood, I managed to turn around only to gasp in awe.

"Aw, why you hit me!" whined Kidd as he tried his best to hiss through the pain, despite a tender hand rubbing his cheek.

A small boy I didn't recognized was standing there, first clenched. No doubt, he was less than half their size, and half as smart. That was saying a lot since Eutass-ya was easily the dumbest boy in our grade, that I knew of.

Still as cocky as every, the little boy threw his hoodie off his head, releasing a wild mess of jet black locks. "You can't just bully people! It's not right."

I began to scramble to re-pack my lunch in a futile effort to escape. If there was a brawl, I would definitely get caught in the cross-fire. There was no way I would still be able to go to public school if I came home with anymore bruises. Corazon would definitely make me get homeschooled.

Before I could take one small step a hand gripped my arm roughly. "Look at this freakazoid. He deserves it for being so ugly!"

The child clothed in red delivered a sharp kick to my bully's shin, causing his to grab it in agony. That was my chance to dip and get out, but I was frozen. No one had every stood up for me. No one in my class or the whole grade, but here was someone who was easily looked like a third grader, two years younger.

"Killer get him!"

"No, I'm not gonna hit a baby." This reponse made all three of our head to turn to the silent lap dog. A new respect for him rose in me. He clearly didn't do everything Kidd told him. Unlike that red-headed monster, Killer had morals.

My small savior threw his short arms in the arm, "I'm no baby! I just moved here. I'm in your grade."

"Shut up..." I hissed as I gripped his shoulder, trying to nudge him into fleeing with me. He only shook me off, jumping into a argument with both Kidd and Killer.

"Oi, do we have a problem here?" I deeper voice called as a freckled hand gripped Kidd's and Killer's shoulder, pushing them apart.

We all looked up to the long-haired boy with golden brown eyes. A middle-schooler. Why was he here? They get of school an hour after us and our school day wasn't even over yet. "Luffy, are they bothering you?"