16. Harceleur

AN~ this was supposed to be the wedding chapter but I have to 'fix' the Lawlu situation
~~~

                "Hey baby, can you call me back when you get this, bye." I sighed before resuming paperwork for Dr. Kureha. We had a new patient, Mr. Garp, who was the county sheriff that was recently struck with a heart attack, and he was not easy to take care of.

The sheriff coughed as I gently shoved his room door open. Dr. Kureha did not want to deal with him, and since I was officially done babysitting her kid, I was blessed with this task. "Do you mind telling the nurse to bring me something other than pea soup? How about you take my wallet and get me some real food?"

"Dually noted." I stayed monotonously as I scribbled a frowning face on my notepad before flipping to Mr. Garp's File. We had installed him a pacer, and after a couple more test he should be good to go. Bright and early tomorrow as soon as possible. "Well the pacer we installed is doing just fine, and your high-blood pressure is under control as well ass the plague~"

                 The old man waved his large calluses hand at me dismissively. Before turning up the Television's volume. "Eh, just tell me what I need to know. An old man like me won't understand half the stuff that comes out your mouth."

               "Well just take all the pills we prescribe you from now on." I sighed before writing the names off the prescription drugs for him to see. Dr. Kureha would have to sign off on it later. "Do you have any family that can take care of you for a while?"

                  He turned his wrinkled face towards me before squinting as if suspicious. However, this was a  routine question. "I have Ugh, three little boys. They aren't really mine, but I helped raise 'em, but we had a falling out a couple years back. I guess I was in and out of their lives to much. What about you son, you got a girl?"

                   "Yeah, his name is Luffy, and~"

                    "Luffy?" Garp asked, suddenly alarmed. The last thing I needed was to have to fix him more medication for a pressure spike, but nothing I could say would get him to lay back down. Luffy's name had gotten his full attention. "Short kid with big brown eyes and uneven bangs?"

"Well,I wouldn't call him a kid."

"How's he doing?" Garp asked cheerful until something heavy settled onto his brow. They must have ended on bad terms, but I didn't think of Luffy as one to hold a grudge for to long. "I haven't seen my boys in years."

"Last time I checked he was doing fine, just fine. He works for his friend Sanji now, and he has all the same friends."

"You think you could call him, so i could talk to him? I'm his blood grandfather after all."

I never talked this much with strangers, not even patients, but I couldn't help but to be curious. Luffy told me that he had no family, but his brothers. Something in Garp's aged face told me he was truly regretful of what had happened in the past. "Um, we aren't on good speaking terms for some reason, but I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you so much." Garp smiled slightly before giving my hand a firm shake. Despite my melancholy disposition, i toke great pride in helping those in need. "You're a good kid."

Politely, I nodded before taking my leave. If I could show Luffy that I got along with his family even tho mine was broken it would everything I do understandable. He left so suddenly the other night that i didn't know what to make of it at first.