15. Loup

AN~ no more cute fillerrr. I'm updating as fast as I can manage, and I starting to think I'm not a fan of one piece ships.
~~~

Luffy pov

              "Hey how was you day?" I smiled before placing my laptop bag and red hoodie on the couch before making my way to the kictchen. Law had unlocked the door for me, but had t said a word since. Something was up.

                Ignoring the tension, I grabbed a water from Law's fridge before taking a seat at the breakfast bar. "I went to see you during lunch."

                "Huh, no one told me you stopped by." I mumbled with a raised brow before chugging down the rest of the ice cold water. Usually Traffy called before stopping by, and usually we had lunch together. "Why didn't you call?"

                "I wanted to surprise you, but you were out they said. You left to go to café down the street."

                 "Ohhh!" I had left during my lunch hour, but, since Law didn't call, I figured he would be busy. So what I went ahead? It was to our usually spot.

                  Law began to stir the soup at a faster pace, so much that the thick liquid lapped at the rim of the pot. "Who was they girl you were with?"

                   My brows furrowed as my brain sorted the events from earlier. Then it hit me. My friend from highschool Vivi was back in town, and I happened to run into her on my way to the dinner. "My friend Vivi from higschool."

                   "Why didn't you tell me?"

                   "Why does it matter?" I glared at Law as he glared back. Those silver eyes held something I've never seen before in them. My skin crawled, and, if I wasn't so concerned, I would have glanced away. "Are you jealous?"

                   "No! What would make you think that?" Law grumbled before going back to what was in the stove. Desperately, I wanted to laugh and brush that glare off as jealously, but that didn't feel right.

                     His eyes had been filled with something darker, and this wasn't the first time I felt it. When we went to the beach, Law had mumbled something that I shrugged off, but now it was making sense. 'You're all I've ever wished for, and I'll never let you go.'

                   "Law I think I'm gonna head out actually." I mumbled before sliding off the par stool and heading towards the sofa where my hoodie laid.

                     The room stilled as Law stopped stirring the pot. I could he feel his keen silver eyes follow my every gesture as I slowly slipped on my red hoodie. "You just got here, and I already made dinner."

                     "I'm~um~I'm not hungry." I stammered before grabbing my laptop, and trying back to Trafalgar. His pupils seemed almost feline as he frowned down at me. Truth was I couldn't lie if my life depended on it, but I wasn't staying in this apartment for a minute longer.

                      "When are you not hungry?" Law chuckle as his gaze soften into the Traffy I was familiar with, but his face was sad. I knew he wanted me to stay. We had both been really busy lately with work, and Law's online classes. "At least take some. Just in case you get hungry later."

                        My mouth opened, but I quickly shut it. Law was special to me, but there was something to him I didn't quite understand yet. Something that made me skin crawl, and it wasn't his fault. None the less, I had to create some distance, at least for a while. "Thanks you, but no."