1. Mandatory Viewing

Firstly, I have to say, that this brilliant idea is not mine, but Suzanne Collins'. I do not own anything, just the writing. Thanks, please leave comments and ideas for what to write next!

I still wake up, sweating. It never goes away. I can never fight it. The only reason that I can still hang onto this world is because of the supporting arms of my husband, Peeta. My kids, Rue and Finnick are nearly all grown up now. Rue, who is sixteen, and Finnick, a young thirteen year old boy. Peeta finally convinced me to have them - I mean, we were safe. Safe from the torturous hunger games. I thought my children would never have to experience the pain. I was wrong.

'Peeta? Peeta?' I scream at the top of my lungs, grasping at the sheets on the bed. Peeta's blue eyes look into mine, and I sigh in relief. 'Sorry', I whisper. Peeta pats my back slowly and smiles, and without words I know that Peeta is always going to be there for me. Even though I am much older now, at the age of 41, Peeta looks at me the same way he did when we were young and back in the arena, exactly 25 years ago.

There's no use going back to sleep. The sun has already started to rise, and I can clearly hear Rue's footsteps. Unlike Peeta, she makes hardly any sounds, but I'm so used to being alert that I can pretty much hear anything now. I get out of bed, and open the door. Rue catches my eye and smiles. I walk over to her, grinning.

'So, Rue. What do you want for breakfast?' She points to the jar of cookies. I sigh, but still smile slightly. 'Okay. Only because your father's asleep. You know how he always says,' and then Rue finishes my sentence. 'Fresh baked bread will keep you healthy.' We smile again. She is gorgeous - her brown hair, never in a knotty curl. Her extremely long eyelashes, which without any doubt she has recieved from Peeta. Her crystal blue eyes resemble Finnick's - not Finnick, my son, but Finnick Odair, who I will forever owe. A couple of years back, he sacrificed his life for me so that I could go on and gain freedom, or what we thought was freedom for the rest of Panem.

We each grab a cookie and sit in front of the TV. While she turns it on, I watch the firewood burn, one by one, each turning into a mass of black ash. Suddenly, something catches my eye. As I turn to the TV screen, I see Paylor, our president. 'There will be mandatory viewing today at 8.pm,' she says. 'Spread the word, so that no one will miss out.'

Rue turns to me. 'Why is it mandatory?' I shrug my shoulders.

'I don't know. They haven't had mandatory viewing since... the rebellion was over.' Rue stares at one of the walls, thinking. She's a thoughtful child. Surely has the best qualities of both me and Peeta. Peeta's defined looks, his words. My spirit and hunting skills. As I get up to wake Peeta, the door opens. Finnick barges out.

'Morning,' he yawns. 'Morning,' I reply, and hand him a cookie. He smiles and looks up at me. 'Wow? a cookie in the morning? Where's Dad?' We laugh and he keeps on munching. I walk down the small corridor to Peeta. I climb on the bed, and place my face right in front of his, like what we Finnick and I did in the Quarter Quell. I seem to be thinking about Finnick a lot these days. He saved both of our lives. It was the least we could do, to keep him in our memories. As I open my mouth to yell 'Wake up Peeta!', he opens his eyes first. We both smile and he grabs my waist, and we do some sort of a retarded wrestle.

He tickles me while I squeal, and try to kick him off. He puffs, as if he's out of breath, and kisses me softly. I still giggle like a little girl, when I hear Finnick's voice. 'Mom! What's mandatory viewing?'

'Mandatory? Where did you get that from?' Peeta asks.

'Rue said she heard it on television. President Paylor said!' Peeta turns to me worriedly.

'But... why? Paylor said she's never going to do anything that Snow did.' I shrug my shoulders once again. 'We'll see in a couple of hours,' I say.