Chapter 1

(You P.O.V)

*Note :You are 10 years old

-------------------------

"Okay Mom!" I yelled as I walked upstairs to my room.

I sat on my bed reading my favorite book, (favorite book).

There were parts I laughed, I was shocked, I cried, it was a really good book.

But besides from that, I was waiting for a friend I only known him for a while now but he's my age too.

That's when I heard a tap on the window, I quickly hopped off my bed and I ran to the window with a glow of excitement in my eyes. Besides from my best friend Valentina, he's different.... he's a turtle.

And training to become a ninja, I silently opened the door as he walked in.

"Hey Y/n!" he smiled as he hugged me

"Hey, Mikey!" I hugged back

We talked for a bit and watched Tv for a bit as well.

All that was interrupted until we heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Quick hide!" I nearly screamed

I shoved Mikey into my closet, not wanting my mom to find out about him. I promise I wouldn't tell anyone about his family, or anything else... NOT A SOUL!

Through the process of hiding one of my best friends, I slammed the door.

It was rather loud, which concerned my mother. I knew she was gonna open the door so I quickly laid down on the floor.

"Honey are you okay?"

"Yeah... Mom I'm fine."

"I heard a huge bang what was that?"

"O-oh that was me?"

"Really?, it sounded harsh... how did you fall?"

"I tripped... over my shirt... those darn clothes...." I got up as I 'dusted' myself off.

"Okay...." My mother said as she raised an eyebrow

"So.. what do you want?" I said, changing the subject.

"Um... I have some bad news..... and some good news..." she said

"What is it?" I said

She picked me up and sat me on her lap, as she sat on the side of my bed.

"I found out that you're dad has left us for a long business trip... he might not come back for awhile."

"Well that's not too bad, right?"

" Well... with him gone, I'm afraid my job won't help me much paying for this huge apartment for just the both of us. So we might have to move."

"MOVE!" I screamed

"Yes, move! I know this might be hard for you but you'll go to new school, have a fresh start!"

"But I don't want to move I have a close friend here!"

"I know, I know. But you won't be alone... you'll have me and you'll be going to new school where you best friend Valentina goes too. And did I mention that we're gonna live very close to where she lives."

I just stared at my mother full of shock and sadness, she took quick notice of this.

" Look I know this must be hard for you, but who ever that friend that you speak of we can always come back and visit."

"Fine..."

I don't really know where Mikey lives, he probably runs all the way here just to see me!

"I love you, I just wants best for you... and me... the both of us!"

"I know.... and I love you too."

She gave me a quick peck on my cheek and left the room. I listened as she fully left, I opened the door.

"Hey.." Mikey said with a frown

"I'm assuming you heard what's happening..." I said as I kicked the ground

"Yeah, every last word of it.... I'm so sorry."

"Sorry for what?!, I'm gonna live in a place that I don't know! And go to a new school full of lots of people!"

"Well what about you're best friend, Valentina? You'll have her!"

"Yeah, well you're my bestfriend Mikey! And as much as I love to move I won't be able to spend most of my time with you! I mean who else am I gonna fangril about anime with?"

Mikey chuckled and grabbed my hand, as he did this he placed like a sharp metal star in it.

"Woah... what is it?" I asked taking a closer look at it

"It's a shuriken! We just got them today."

"What's with this symbol?"

"Oh, that's just our family's symbol. Be careful it's sharp, don't won't you to cut yourself."

"Why did you give this to me?" I asked

"So you can always remember me, and if we're lucky we might run into eachother when we're older."

"Thanks Mikey." I smiled

"No problem."

"Hey, you're training to become a ninja right?"

"Yeah..."

"How come you don't wear mask or something that covers most of your body?"

"Well I don't know, but I'm assuming since we're not ninja yet we don't get those types of things yet... but I always thought of that you know?"

"Well great minds think alike, right?"

"Yup!, well I should get going it's getting late!"

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow!"

I walked Mikey out to the window, and gave him a hug.

I shut the window and laid on my bed looking at the shiny silver star aside from me....

" Shuriken?.... huh..."