Prologue Part One: Draco's Inheritance

Draco fell from his bed writhing in pain. His mother watched sadly from the shadows of the room. It pained her to see her child in such a state but she was unable to help him. Beautiful ashen grey wings sprouted from his back as the inheritance finished. He was panting and exhausted but his head snapped up and his eyes widened.

"Draco, not now." Narcissa stepped forward. Her own light blue wings extended for balance. Draco looked at his mother and nodded but was unable to relax. He subconsciously glanced at his dark mark but it wasn't there. He gasped and looked at his mother fearfully. Narcissa laughed and showed her own arm. "Your veela did that honey. It won't let anything stain your sk- what's that?" She suddenly grabbed Draco's hand and flipped it over to show the inside of his wrist. Three translucent emerald green scales decorated the pale flesh.

((Media shows the color))

"Where did-" Draco started while rising to his feet.

"Your mate." Narssica gasped cutting Draco off. She backed away a step and kneeled. "Draco, you're to be mated to royalty. Of another species."

"Ro-Royalty?" Draco squeaked in a very un-malfoyish way. He looked at his mother kneeling in front of him. "Pl-Please don't k-kneel." He whimpered.  It reminded him of the many times his father had beat him and his mother.

"Honey, I know you're probably scared," Narcissa started.

"Scared? I'm fucking terrified!" Draco yelped. "What if, what if my mate doesn't accept me? You said yourself that it means I die. And what if I don't find them? You told me it felt like walking on glass until you mated with Father. What if they accept me but treat me like Father did to you?" He rambled. Narcissa rose quickly and placed her hands on her son's shaking shoulders.

"Yes, these are all justified worries but you already met them. They're probably in the same year as you at Hogwarts." Narcissa tried her best to console her terrified chick. But that just made Draco freeze and his slivery blue eyes to become huge.

"Then they're sure to reject me." Draco moaned.

Narcissa sighed. She had enough. "Draco. Draco look at me." Draco didn't respond. He just stared at his bare feet. "Draco Lucius Malfoy, look at me right now." Draco blinked at her. "I know you don't have many friends at school but if you would just give it a chance and stop worrying yourself sick over it you might have a chance. Redeem yourself and quick acting like the stuck up bitch your father made you be. He isn't here, you can be yourself."

Draco was stunned. Normally his mother was a soft spoken woman who rarely swore. In fact he had never even heard her utter anything remotely close to a swear his whole life.

((okay, before you read this next paragraph, can people STOP commenting things like "oh this is bottom draco, im not gonna read this" or shit like that? JUST GO QUIETLY IF YOU DON'T AGREE. Thank you))

"You're a submissive honey. You're going to worry. Learn to control your worrying. Now it is only the fifth of June. You're going to have to deal with the pain for a few weeks. I talked to Minerva and was informed that all seventh years, including you, can return to Hogwarts to get a proper final year of schooling."

"Ye-yeah." Draco murmured. "I-I guess."

Narcissa kissed her son's forehead. "Get some sleep. I'll have Breakfast sent up for you tomorrow. Then I'll teach you how to use your wings."

"G-Goodnight Mother." Draco unsteadily climbed into the bed he had previously fallen out of. His mother smiled at him before turning out the light and walking out. Tucking his wings to him, Draco turned on his side and fell asleep, weary from the day's events.