Nine

Draco chuckles, relaxing a bit until the siren, Sehiem, that was originally readying to attack them swam over. Then he tensed up again and clung close to Harry.

"Are you really King Alberforth's grandson?" Sehiem asked, crossing her arms. Now that he was seeing her up close it wasn't hard to tell she was a warrior. Armor covered her top half and her blue tail had spikes strapped to the bottom. "And Prince Severus's son?"

"Yes, I am. If you don't believe me I can go get my mother no- WATCH OUT!" Harry moved so quickly that he couldn't be seen but when he was visible again he had a harpoon suspended in front of him in a magic bubble. And he looked pissed. His head was turned to where Fred had gone to see what happened.

Fred returned a few minutes later, a panicked look on his face. "It's Dumbledore who shot at you Harry."

The growl that ripped from the man's throat made the water itself quiver and everyone try to back up, everyone except Draco.

The veela dove forward and tackled Harry before he could do any damage. He clung tight and didn't let go as Harry thrashed, not in his right mind, or as he thrashed until he smelled the blood. Draco had gotten hurt.

"Draco?" Instantly Harry snapped back to sanity as he sniffed the blood wafting up from Draco's beautiful tail. When Draco had tackled him he lost ahold on the harpoon, making it embed itself into Draco's tail, just above the flipper. He winced Every time he moved it. "DRACO!" Harry panicked as Draco fainted from the pain, beginning to sink. He rushed to catch his mate before turning to Sehiem, her understanding instantly.

"Follow me your majesty, we have an air room he can stay." She nodded, sensing Harry's panic. Quickly she swam off with Harry on her tail and the girls following.

~•~•~•~

"Come on Dray, wake up." Harry whimpered, Draco's wet head in his lap as they sat in the air room, Hermione and Luna hovering anxiously outside, their tails flicking with irritation for Dumbledore. "Please." He sighed, looking at Draco's bandaged feet and empathetically wincing when he remembered trying to pull the harpoon out without hurting him too much.

A soft groan came from the injured boy as his eyes opened lazily. "Harry?" He mumbled, trying to sit up before wincing at every movement concerning his feet. "Ow ow ow, what the hell happened to me?"

"Harpoon." He sighed, gingerly moving Draco to sit in his lap. "Right above your tail fin."

"Ah shit. Harry, it fucking hurts." Draco moaned. ((Not that moan fangirls, and fanboys.)) He looked down at the blood soaked bandages. "How will I walk?"

"I'll have to carry you, or either Luna or Hermione will." He smiled slightly when Draco leaned against his chest.

"He's awake now?" Its been long enough. I mean, three months-" Fred floated in, a smirk on his face.

"It has not been three months you arse. Its been two and a half days." Harry grinned which made Draco smile, until his smile dropped. Fred made Harry happy, a happy he couldn't because he wasn't raised like it. Fred's death was my fault.

He didn't realize that Harry had gone silent until he spoke. "Draco, it wasn't fully your fault." He also hadn't realized he had spoke aloud.

"A little bit of my own recklessness got in the way too. And deciding to take on more than I could handle. You know, I think, if I had known which side was actually the good side, this would've never happened." Fred scratched his neck.

"Yeah...." Draco looked up at him, then he finally took a big whiff of where they were and almost gagged. "It reeks of fish in here." That made both Harry and Fred laugh.

"Well we are in the siren's air chamber. For when they bring human friend or others they save." Harry explained. "That's why it smells this way."

Draco started to laugh but a thought shut down the glee. "Harry, if Dumbledore is after us, won't he target Mom and Snape?"

"Your mother is in good hands Draco." The sharp yet soft at the same time voice of Severus drifted through the water as he swam over to them, sirens and mermaids bowing as he passed. "Tom has her hidden." His head slipped into the air chamber and he changed forms, gliding over to the two men situated on the damp ground. "As for me, I'm going to stay down here and train Harry to be the king he's planned to be, when the spring equinox comes. That's when you'll be coronated to the throne and most young sirens are born."

"That's..." Harry stopped, attempting to do the math but worry for draco still clouded his mind.

"Well, its September twentieth right now." Hermione piped up from outside. "Five months and a day from now."

"Thank you Mione." Harry sighed.

"Draco~." Luna's dreamy voice cut through the air as her eyes clouded. "Your friends are in danger. Crabbe betrayed you~."