Chapter Two: This is School?

I knew Nine was watching as my body bobbed in and out of the chlorine filled water. His presence always made me feel better, like the hot sun on a summer day. As long as he's with me I can accomplish anything.

I hope I can give that sense of hope to someone. Probably not. We don't allow ourselves to penetrate the world outside ours.

The girl whom I heard be called Lisa left slowly trailing the other girls. Nine's comforting aura of the green I've always associated with him quickly caught up to me. "Get out of the pool, you'll draw attention to yourself." He grumbled while walking away not giving me a chance to actually escape from my water cell.

"Nine."

He still walks and I attempt to catch up with him. Before I can even guess how much time has gone by the warning bell goes off. I make it into class with about a second to spare.

I hadn't had the time to dry off so when I was introduced to the class it was needless to say I came off as weird. Outside the institution I had always felt like an outsider. No real name. No real family. No past I could tell anyone about.

I was ecstatic to find that the girl, Lisa, was in this class. Once I found myself seated in a puddle with only myself to blame I realized how different school was than I had imagined. Who knew it was necessary to learn about the past or learn Japanese metaphors and style. Wasn't it enough to live in the moment and have a decent amount of vocabulary to get through life with? Regardless I wanted the full experience so I paid attention and took notes.

We were finally released on a break. I still didn't know much about this school and learning all types of new things only made me more interested. I began listening in to other peoples conversations. All the scandals, all the different karaoke adventures, all the trouble they had gotten in, all the things that has never made it into my life. I wondered if Nine made this realization too. When all the colors started to bother me I went to search for Nine.

Except I ran into a complication. I had no idea where his classroom was. I called him and we agreed to meet on the roof of the school.

Authors Note:

Sorry I've been away for a long time. School was hectic. Now its summer and I plan to write even more. This is a story delving deeper into the mind of Twelve, it is not a different story from the anime so only his thought process is mine and not the actual events. This also isn't a story where anyone is shipped with him. If you want another fanfic like this one pertaining to a different character from this anime just leave a comment below. I will be willing to work on 2 to 3 stories at once. If you want more of my writing or want to get a different writing sense check out my blog. hailiblogs.WordPress.com where I will be trying to write posts 2 or 3 times a week. Thank you so much.

Also this wasn't much longer than the first please expect the future chapters to have more information these were merely starting chapters.