Book Of Shadows (BOS)

It has come to my attention that not a lot of books on Wicca and witchcraft
talk in depth about a Book of Shadows. Some people don't even know what it is, which astounds me. So in here are some of the characteristics of a book of shadows as well as some other things. A Book of Shadows is the most important thing in a Wiccan Witch's life. They are so important that some wiccans worship their Book of Shadows in hope of keeping it protected. They do this because it keeps the spells, rituals, meditations, and other important information that a wiccan, witch, or Wiccan Witch wants to remember. It is often blessed and dedicated in the owner's best words to protect it and keep good energy inside it. When you dedicate your Book of Shadows it must not be used in any other way. If you do it puts unwanted magickal energ inside it. It is a sacred book, binder, or other object that can hold information. They are often a book that has one hundred or more pages that the cover is leather. There are four different ways to write in a Book Of Shadows that have different energy rates. This book needs to be respected by all who touch it to protect the energy it contains. Often, a wiccan would not let anyone touch their BOS once it is blessed this, is because whoever touches its has there own energy and it transfers into their BOS.

The fact that a Book of Shadows is the most important thing to a Wiccan. This book is a
personal and sacred text to a wiccan. When I say personal I mean no BOS is a exactly the same unless intended to be. One ritual that wiccan's usually do to worship their BOS is blessing it. Often the blessing is personal but just as often the blessing is a page printed online. Another way a Wiccan does this is by talking to that wiccan's god and or goddess to ask them a simple question. They call upon them and ask them to look after their BOS. They ask them to tell them when it is time to do anything with that book. This includes a spell, ritual, meditation, and more. The last one I'm going to talk about is cleansing their Book of Shadows. I often do this by tea staining my book with moon water This is the things that a wiccan usually does to their Book of Shadows.

There is three ways that you can put information into your Book of Shadows. One is it
can be hand written ( the more traditional thing to do ), it can be typed up electronically or it can be kept on an electric device. Each of these techniques has different energy transfers and energy levels. Most wiccans believe it should be written by hand because it puts the more pure energy in it. Then some people believe that you can put information into your book by typing it up and printing it off. The last way you can write in a book of shadows is being typing I up on an electric device. Then there's people like me who type and print it off, write inside it, and those are three ways you can write in your book of shadows by hand. You can also keep your book of Shadows on the electronic device.

There are many different kinds of BOS in the world. There are three main ones though. The first one is a personal private BOS that is kept in a safe secure place in one's home. ( often on the Wiccan Witches altar.) No one but the owner should touch the personal BOS once it has been dedicated, cleansed, and has a book blessing. ( some people put section blessings like me.) The second one is a coven's Book of Shadows. This is as you guessed it a BOS for a coven. Often everyone in the coven writes inside it. Other times only the higher Wiccan Witches get to write inside it. I keep a coven sized Book of Shadows that is 1000 pages long counting front and back. The last one is a family's Book of Shadows. This book is kept within the family and is sacred with family secrets and history as well as the usual and unusual spells, rituals, etc.

The format in which you put your book is a very important decision. This is due to the format that you put your BOS determines what type of magical energy it has. There are three different ways to use a paper BOS and one way to do it electronically. One of the ways that you can put magickal energy in a Book of Shadows is hand written. This way gives off the most amount of energy. This is the most common way because when you write it yourself you put your own energy into it makes good it all the more personal. The next way that you can get information into a Book of Shadows is by typing it up electronically and printing it off. This way gives off the least amount of energy. This was s because when you type the computer gets the energy instead of what your typing. The last of the ways that you can get energy into your paper Book of Shadows is by using both these techniques in your own BOS. This puts a median amount of energy insourcing BOS. These are the ways that you can write and put your energy into a paper Book of Shadows. The one other way that you can store information which is keeping it on the Internet. This puts no energy into it and not a lot of wiccans, witches and Wiccan Witches. These are the basic ways that you can put information in a Book of shadows.