Chapter 12

Calem sighed, deeply through his mouth before inhaling through his mouth again. There was a gas mask on his face, as he had sprayed a mixture of chlorine and other toxic gases in a circle around the vehicle he was hiding in. If anyone ventured near him, they'd die, or be severely incapacitated. Enough for him to notice too, because this was a particularly painful mixture of toxins, and the victim would no doubt make enough noise to alert him.

If they got through that, there was a force field Calem could activate, and after that, there was Cynthia and the FLL.

He was able to transform the inside of the jeep into a technical base, the entire thing folding out flat with only one chair up. The rest of the space was filled with a giant holographic map, and many monitors and super computers. Each monitor took one of the on-body cameras of each agent in Team Eevee.

The large holographic screen in front of him showed him the entire facility, inside and out, with about 5 miles all around, so it was extremely zoomed out. Though Calem could zoom in if he chose to.

He could see the little brown dots that represented the agents stationed everywhere, and all the enemy towers, agents, booby traps, everything. Last time they went in, the inserted a virus that basically allowed him to control everything. The agents would get in with no problem. It was how they were going to get out unscathed that was the problem.

Calem almost wished he was in there instead of Leaf. She was like a sister to him, and he much preferred when she was out of danger, even though he enjoyed being the tech much more, but then again...the pressure was a lot...

"Fairy, you've got a group coming your way," Calem said into the microphone by his head, typing in a couple strings of code to deactivate a couple traps by May's group in the mean time.

"Got it, from the right, correct? Over," Serena replied, her voice broken a little by static.

"Yeah, to your right. But head back towards Paul, it's a good idea to come together again," Calem replied, turning to monitor May's group.

On one monitor, May's group, which consisted of Marina, Drew, Ash, Gary, and Misty, was running through the grass, but each had their individual body cameras as well. Then on separate monitors, Serena, Paul, Jimmy, Dawn, and Leaf each had their own, as their group had ended up splitting up for easier access.

"Shut up. Seriously. You're going to get us all freaking killed," May hissed to Ash as he knocked into a tree with a crash.

He didn't look happy, but looked rather guilty. "Sorry, tripped."

"Agents don't trip," Misty argued.

"Yeah, well this one had a broken leg a few months ago that hasn't particularly healed yet. Alright?" Ash whispered. "I'm sorry."

"Shh!" May shushed again, turning to Calem. "Psychique, I need an update. It's too quiet, something's going on here."

"Uh...May, Drew's not here," Calem muttered uncertainly into his comms, staring at the screens as he typed away. "Drew! Where are you?"

"Hiding."

Drew's voice echoed through everyone's ears as he shifted. "There's a couple guards on my ass. With...I'm not even sure what it is. It's fucking scary."

The tremble in Drew's voice was enough to have Calem on full alert. Within moments he had hacked into the guards cameras, controlling them with ease. The glimpses of the strange...things made shivers crawl up his back.

"Mew, what the fuck is that?!" Calem swore, frantically trying to figure out everything out.

"Calem! Remember Dr. Arang?" Misty whispered in horror. Calem saw the same mutant things on her screen. Looks like May's group finally caught up with Drew. "Remember? The labs? What if these...mutts, are what they were making in there?"