Chapter 8: The Johnson's

Jack did get out of the hospital December 6th. And as he and Jackie expected there were reporters and cameras flashing at every turn they made.

"I didn't miss this. " Jack said still smiling at the cameras.

"I know. But we'll be home rather soon so put up with it for about an hour and then we will be on our way. " Jackie reassured him.

Jack smiled and nodded at the fact of being back home with the kids and having Christmas with them. That almost didn't happen.

Jack knew they still had a breakfast and meeting with the Johnson's which he did not look forward to.

Breakfast+Meeting

"Mr. President over here! " a reporter waved his hand over the crowd of people.

"Yes, the man waving his arms around. " Jack joked.

"What do you most look forward to doing once you arrive home? "

"Did you know you're one of the few nice people who ask that. Well, I most look forward to spending Christmas with my family. " Jack smiled and pointed at other reporters all of which were asking if he would run again, plans for Cuba and so on.

"Well goodbye Texas its about time for me and Jackie to leave. " Jack took Jackie's hand and they waved goodbye to the large crowds.

"I wont miss that place,not at all. " Jackie whispered to Clint who was stood right by her as they got on Air force one.

"Neither will I Mrs. Kennedy. " Clint looked back over what happened what he and other agents could have done better that day.

The White House

"Daddy you're home! " Caroline and John raced into their fathers arms.

"Hey Buttons hey Sam! "

"My name is John. John, John, John! "

"Sorry Sam. " Jack started to laugh.

"J-O-H-N, JOHN! " Jack started to laugh and he hugged his son.

"Can we decorate the tree tonight! " Caroline asked.

"I don't see why not right Jackie? " Jack said putting his arm around his wife.

"I don't see why not either. " Jackie rested her head on Jack's shoulder as they walked behind their children who were running up the steps to get the Christmas ornaments.