Chapter 3: My Dead Best Friend

Natsu's POV:

I stepped in front of the boy, causing his arm to fall back to his side, and stared at him wide eyed. My grip tightened on my guitar as tears streamed down my cheeks, harder.

"A-Akito?" I sniffled and stared longingly at the blonde boy with blue eyes and a school uniform, the one our village wore to our ninja academy.

~*FLASH BACK*~

"Akito! Run! They're all gone. All of them!" I screamed to a boy, him running towards me holding a beautiful yellow electric guitar.

He jumped over the dead bodiess and slid in next to me, in a small opening of a large tree trunk. This is where I had watched my own mother's death.

"All gone..." I cried out, as Akito shoved me towards his chest.

"I won't let them take you, Natsu! I promised your mother, and you, in condition to my love for you, that I will protect you to any cost. And I meant it, I love you Natsu, and I promise I'll stay with you." He whispered, passing me the yellow guitar and then jumped at the man coming towards us.

Akito fought using taijutsu and hand motions that blocked off the enemy's ability to use chakra.

But what Akito didn't notice, was the kunai that now is plunged into his chest.

Akito stopped moving, and just stood there, staring at nothing. And then he collapsed onto the cold and hard ground.

Akito. Akito! No, please! AKITO!

I should be the dead one! Nobody else had to die! Why.. Why did they get themselves killed for one child like me? Why was I so important?

The man walked past my hide out, not noticing me. How could he? The opening was barely visible. The only way he'd see me would be by the Hyuga clan's Byakugan.

Finally the man in the funny red and black cloak left, saying "She couldn't have gotten to far from her village. Zetsu, check the border." And walked off.

Now I was alone.

I crawled over to the cold body of my best friend.

Why? Stop.. Stop!

" Akito... You promised... I hate liars Akito..." I mumbled, tears falling out of my expressionless face.

Why?!

" I hate you, Akito." I whispered venomously. With this venom, came a tingling sensation, and then all of a sudden, I had Ear's and a tail of a wolf.

"It's alright, child..." A voice from inside me called...

~*FLASH BACK ENDS*~