12 : BRACELET

The Clique was no longer in chaos.

Ever since Mad Gear finally came out of his room, the Clique had been hard at work formulating a rescue plan for Missile Kid.

Everyone was ecstatic that their leader was back in business, but their happiness quickly died out when they remembered what had happened to Missile Kid.

Even though Mad Gear was there, planning the rescue, working with the Clique, it wasn't really him.

Blurry had taken over. Nobody had said anything about how the Boss's eyes were red instead of the usual brown.

They were afraid to ask.

Now, a week after Tyler allowed Blurry to take over, the Clique was almost ready to carry out their rescue plan.

There was one more missing variable: who would actually go into the Sinners' headquarters and find Missile Kid.

Tyler was currently sitting at a large desk in one of the offices, surrounded by a select few Clique members. Numerous papers were scattered across the table. Everyone was debating on who the spy should be.

"We need a spy on the inside," Tyler said, staring intently at the plans on the table before him. "Someone who's a good actor. Someone who's dependable, has a high tolerance for pain-"

"Mr. Benzedrine," a soft voice suddenly interjected.

Tyler turned to the source of the voice, a Clique member standing behind him.

It was Youngblood. He was stood there, nervously fiddling with the Clique bracelet around his wrist.

"Who?" Tyler asked, raising his eyebrows.

Youngblood cleared his throat and anxiously glanced around at the Clique. Everyone was looking at him now.

"M-Mr. Benzedrine," he said again. "My boyf-"

Youngblood suddenly stopped and cleared his throat.

"My f-friend," he said instead, looking down to hide his blush. "He's just a medic with me."

"And why should I choose a medic over any of the trained spies I have already?" Tyler asked.

"Well..." Youngblood bit his lip and adjusted his glasses. "You have a point there, sir. But Mr. Benzedrine isn't just a medic. I trust him with my life. And..."

Youngblood looked up at Tyler.

"A-And when it comes to Missile Kid, you're going to need someone you can trust," he finished. "Am I wrong?"

Tyler thought for a moment, then shook his head. "Of course you're not wrong."

Youngblood risked a small smile.

"But it's impossible," Tyler added.

Youngblood's smile disappeared. "What do you mean, sir?"

Tyler shrugged his shoulders and turned back to his desk, facing away from Youngblood.

"It's simple, really. You said we need someone we can trust. The only person I trust with Missile Kid's life is me," Tyler responded, pointing to his chest. "And I'm not going. It's obvious they're using Missile Kid for ransom. Going there myself would practically be suicide."