18 : DAMNED

Tyler loaded his gun.

Or rather, Josh's gun.

He wasn't nervous anymore. His anxiety had disappeared as soon as he stepped out of the car.

His instinct took over. Blurryface took over.

"Alright, here's what we're gonna do," Tyler said, staring up at the warehouse. It was the middle of the night, so the building was pitch black except for dim yellow spotlights shining on the front doors.

Tyler turned to his Clique behind him. Hundreds, no, thousands of people stood in front of him, their faces blurred in the darkness.

But Tyler knew every single one of them.

"I'm gonna take a small group in up there," he commanded, pointing at the outdoor staircase with his gun. "There's a door at the top that leads inside to the catwalks-"

Tyler looked at Mr. Benzedrine for reassurance, and he nodded.

"-Once inside," Tyler continued, "wait for my command. Try not to be seen. I'll be in there behind you. Donnie?"

"Yes sir?" Donnie the Catcher nodded, pulling out his gun from his belt.

"You and Horseshoe are coming with me," Tyler said. "Youngblood, Mr. Benzedrine, you too."

The four men got their weapons ready and lined up beside Tyler, mentally preparing themselves for this mission. They haven't raided another gang in a long time. Adrenaline rushed through their veins. They were just as ready as Tyler was.

"The rest of you," Tyler shouted so the entire Clique could hear him, "take out your weapons!"

Tyler waited as the Clique followed his instructions, readying their guns and knifes and crossbows and explosives and any other weapon they were carrying with them.

"Nobody kills the Green Gentleman, got it?!" He shouted, and the Clique yelled back in response.

Tyler's blood red eyes flickered, glowing in the darkness. He bit his bottom lip as he broke out into a wide, wicked grin.

"I want to kill him personally," he said, licking his lips. His insane smile was still plastered across his face.

The Clique broke out into a thunderous applause, clapping and whooping and raising their weapons in the air.

The same feeling Tyler had when he first found Josh flooded his body. That feeling of anxious paranoia, the feeling that someone is right in front of you, ready to be caught, but you have to wait for just the right moment.

The power to take a life.

He was tempted by it.

He was controlled by it.

Tyler raised his gun-Josh's gun-in the air, his finger itching to pull the trigger.

"When I fire-!" he yelled, his teeth biting down hard on his bottom lip. "-break down the doors!"

His smile disappeared. It was immediately replaced by a fierce, determined look in his eyes and a small smirk on his lips.

He pulled the trigger.

"Have fun!"

✗✗✗✗✗

Missile Kid was still barely hanging on, both to the ladder and to his life.