32 : COVER

Mad Gear kissed Missile Kid.

Headquarters was silent. Deathly silent.

Not even the Clique members assigned to keep watch that night were making any noise. Usually they were talking, laughing, completely bored out of their minds.

No one broke into Headquarters after what had happened last time. They had upped security ten times over after what happened with the Killjoys and Mad Gear.

Mad Gear and Missile Kid were on the second floor, west wing, right outside their shared bedroom.

Mad Gear was leaning over the metal railing, looking down at the empty pit below them.

Missile Kid was facing the opposite way, his back leaning against the rail, looking over at Mad Gear with a content smile on his face.

"I love you, Tyler," Missile Kid said. Even though they were alone, he whispered. The taste of Tyler's lips were still on his tongue.

Tyler scoffed, closed his eyes, and hung his head.

"Who could love me?" He asked. "I'm out of my mind."

Josh put one finger under Tyler's chin and lifted up his face so he could look at him.

"Then I guess we both are," he whispered, and he kissed him again.

When Josh's lips connected with his, Tyler reached up and put one hand on the back of Josh's neck, pulling him closer.

"Tyler..." Josh murmured against Tyler's lips. He tried to pull away, but Tyler pulled him right back.

"One more second, Josh," Tyler whispered breathlessly. He took a quick gasp for air before pressing his lips against Josh's again.

When Josh finally managed to pull away, he smiled and rested his forehead against Tyler's.

"You taste good," Tyler said after a moment of silence.

"Shut up." Josh broke out into laughter and shoved Tyler back by his shoulder.

Tyler grabbed onto the railing to steady himself and smiled, but he let out a quiet whine of pain.

Josh drew his eyebrows together in confusion.

"Hey," he said lowly. "What's wrong? I didn't hit you that hard did I?"

"No," Tyler said. He tilted his head from side to side, sighing as he felt the bones in his neck crack. "It's nothing. I'm fi—"

"Don't lie to me Tyler. Come on."

Josh stood behind Tyler and put his hands on his slender shoulders, roughly massaging the tight muscles and bones.

"Mmm," Tyler hummed in satisfaction and leaned his head back against Josh. "That feels good, Josh."

Josh smirked and leaned down, pressing his lips against Tyler's neck.

"That feels good." A low moan escaped Tyler's lips, and he tilted his head up to the side so Josh had a better angle at his neck.