Dylan

School, everyone hates it. Except maybe afew, afew being people who get good grades and study. The few being some of my friends from school.

"Hey Summer! Wait up!" My friends and I always walk through the courtyard on our way to PE. It's faster and the courtyard cuts right through the middle of our middle school. This particular day, Milly was a little behind and trying to catch.

"Hurry up Milly! We don't have all day!" I said.

The girls locker room was disgusting. Smelled of urine and a week old bandaid was still sitting on the bench. I unlocked my locker grabbed my uniform and hopped to the other side of the bench to make room for my friends to change.

"Hey, Summer, I met this new girl. She's pretty chill." Milly the social butterfly declared. " You have to meet her."

"Okay, I'm ready to meet her." I said as I flung my shirt in the air. "Lets go hunt her down!"

"Slow down there Summer!" Said Lily, "You don't want to blind the poor girl!"

"True dat." I smiled and bent down to get my uniform, that's when it happened.

No shirt on, one arm out and BAM. A short girl with short floppy red hair came running right into my arm. My instinct was to close my arm but this only dragged the girl into an awkward embrace. We just stood there for a minute. The girl probably wondering who was holding her, me thinking what just happened? And why don't I have my shirt on?

Milly looked at us and laughed, "Summer, that's the new girl, Dylan."

Crap. "Hi Dylan! Welcome to the girls locker room!"

Dylan turned around to meet me and saw I didn't have a shirt on. Her eyes grew ten sizes. Practically covered most of her face. I wish I took a picture. Milly, Lilly and I almost died laughing when the next week Dylan came in wearing glasses. I also stopped sitting with my dramatic friends and started sitting with Dylan at lunch. She is pretty chill we run together and have some pretty deep conversations about... boys.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

HELLO ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE!!! I enjoyed sharing this story with y'all! Please comment and vote. I love hearing from all of you and HELPFUL critiques are appreciated. THANK YOU! <3