Cat

My stomach growled as I walked into the cafeteria. Staying up all night everyday for school was starting to take its toll. To make things worse, I had forgotten my homework, my breakfast, and my lunch. This was all revealed to me by empty folders and an empty lunch box. Basically, not a good day for me. 

I walked out into the courtyard and walk over to my friends. They were all sitting and wrapped up in their conversation about how cold they were. The wind blew and we all scream and that's when I noticed her. This girl I had never seen before. It wasn't her adorable looks that first captured my attention, but it was her bountiful and overflowing lunch box. I immediately sat down next to her. She turned to me and noticed my lack of food. 

"Would you like some pretzels?" she asked as she shoved them into my hand. 

"Oh my gosh! I think I love you!" I immediately hugged her and when I let go another burst of wind ran through the courtyard. 

Our friends all screamed and we just scooted closer together and ate pretzels. We basically leaned against each other for warmth. About halfway through lunch I realized that her leg was abnormally warm.

Without thinking I blurt out, "Your legs are hot." 

For some reason this was one of those moments when everyone decides to listen to me. There was a good minute of silence and awkward glances before everyone started laughing. For the rest of lunch we talked about how hot our legs and arms were. We all walked out of that lunch with new confidence in ourselves and how hot we are.

It took me about two weeks before I realized I didn't know the girl's name. The girl apparently didn't know mine, since she actually asked me a month later. After over a month of being strangers and shouting to each other in the halls about how hot our legs were, we could finally consider each other friends! We knew each other's names and everything. Now we see each other everywhere and we constantly make people wander about what gender we like. If that's not friendship, I don't know what is.