Ch. 6

"Jealous?" Fred called over to George. "Of course not!" George said, grinning. He was dancing with Angelina still.

Fred and I were tired, but we did not go back. Hermione sat beside us, blushing furiously. "Hey, (Y/N)," she said to me.

I nodded. "Hi." Fred grabbed me hand and pulled me to his shoulder. I  didn't say anything.

"Hey, (Y/N), wanna get some drinks?" I glanced up to see Cedric Diggory. There was something in his eyes when he looked at me. Oh no.

"Er, no thanks, I'll go get some myself," I responded. I got up immediately, beckoning to Fred. He got up and, with a glance at Cedric, followed me to the table.

We got ourselves some drinks and quickly drunk them. I ate a few cookies before returning to see Fred chatting with Cedric.

Fred was saying, "I hope you lose next time we play-" "Fred!" I interrupted. He turned around with a crushed can in his hand. "Oh, hey," he said. "Excuse me." He rushed away, clutching his stomach.

Cedric was watching him, but turned back to me. "Wanna dance?" He asked, a knowing gleam in his smile. "No, thanks," I replied.

"B-but Cho's dancing with someone else," Cedric said unnecessarily. "I don't want to dance," I said, lifting my chin to look taller.

"O-oh, it's just I thought you would've, because every girl-" he stopped way to late. I stood up, bristling. "Because every girl wants to go out with you? Yeah? Then, go dance with one of those girls. Oh, and while you're there, go tell them out yourself because apparently every girl wants you." I huffed and walked away to sit by Hermione.

She was staring at me. She blinked and looked away, muttering briefly, "Oh, hi." "I know you were watching," I said, grabbing her hand. "It's the dress. Cedric only likes me because of the dress... And Fred knew I would look pretty, didn't he?" A tear fell down my face uncontrollably.

Hermione faced me with a sad, anxious look. "Oh, (Y/N), I'm so sorry. Cedric can like what he likes, but Fred... You love him, don't you? I'm so sure he's not like that." Another tear dropped.

"How do you know?" I asked, wiping the tear. "The way you look at him. It's so obvious! Anyway, don't feel bad, because the way he looks at me makes me pretty dumb to think he doesn't like you back." I squeezed her hand.

"Thanks, Hermione, you're the best friend. Oh, Fred's coming back. I'd better go and talk to him." "You do that!" Hermione called as I walked away with a last grateful glance over my shoulder.

Fred walked in and found me. "Sorry, just had to, you know." He grinned, but his smile faded when I realized another tear was rolling down.

"What happened!" He asked. "Come on, we need to talk. Outside," I added. Fred nodded and we headed out.

We went to sit by the lake. I took a deep breath. "Cedric asked me to dance," I said quickly. "But I said no. And he said something like every girl wanted to dance with him. I told him to go dance with them if he's so pretty. Then, I talked to Hermione and I told her that Cedric only liked me because of the dress and hair. She said that you weren't like that and I believed her. You aren't like that. You like me for who I am."

Fred blushed. "How do you know I like you?" He asked. "Fred, it's obvious. But don't worry, because I love you, too."

We stayed there, staring at each other. Finally, Fred turned back to the lake and said, "I thought you wanted to stay friends with me. You look at George at lot."

I scooted to sit right beside him, hugging him. "Fred, George and I are just friends. I obviously like you, not him. There's a difference between you and George. That's what makes me like you. You're.... Amazing."

"And George isn't?" Fred asked. "He is in other ways." "What's mine?" "I don't know. But you should. Come on, we should go back, I can already see a few stars."

Fred grabbed my hand as we walked back. "You do look beautiful in that dress," he whispered to my ear. I blushed. "Real smooth, Fred."

We laughed. I stopped laughing when I saw Cedric staring at us with clear jealousy in his eyes. I waited for Hermione to snap at him, then I sat down.

"Hey, Fred! You and (Y/N) snogging out there?" George asked, coming to sit by Fred. "Oh, yes, George. It was real fun," Fred said.

I snorted. Fred winked at me. George said something in his ear which was inaudible to me. He nodded. Then, he responded with a whisper! I couldn't hear anything.

"Hi, (Y/N)," Hermione said, blushing from another dance with Viktor Krum. "Ron's been horrible with me, lately," she said more quietly when she sat beside me.

"What's ickle Ronnikins done now?" Asked George. "None of your business," Hermione snapped, rolling her eyes. "Anyway, we can talk later. Viktor's gone to get drinks."

"Okay. Where's mine?" I laughed. "Oh, you wanted some? I'll go get you-" "No, Hermione. Fred and I already got some," I interrupted, grabbing Hermione's hand before she sped off. "I was only joking!"

Hermione smiled. "Seems you and Fred are having a good time?" "An amazing time," Fred said, leaning closer to me. I grinned at him, knowing that he almost yelled "amazing."

"Oh, I have to go. There's Viktor." Hermione dashed off gracefully.

Fred and I got up to dance again. This time, I didn't step on his toes so much. Yay me!

My (Y/H/C) hair wouldn't get out of my eyes so I used one of the butterflies to clip it. "Oh, where's Hermione?" I asked Fred after the dance. "I want her to know that the butterflies are in good use!"

I chuckled, looking at him. That's when I saw it...

Ron was yelling at Hermione the rudest insults ever. Hermione was crying, trying to reason with him. Ron yelled something else at Hermione and she dashed off, her head in her hands.

I got up instantly and ran to Ron. "What the hell do you think you were fucking doing, yelling at Hermione like that?" I screeched.

Lavender Brown was drinking something. She looked up in interest. "I-I didn't know.. She was going with Viktor Krum and I had enough-" "You were jealous. Don't bring your damn anger on a girl! Hermione deserves better than you!"

I took a deep breath. Ron gave me a scared look. "I'm sorry, (Y/N), I-I-" he broke off, not knowing what to say. Fred was on my side now.

"Ickle Ronnikins broke a girl's heart!" He announced. George was on my other side. I shrugged them off as I went after Hermione.