Chapter 45- 318C

[S/O to user @Rhiannon.Johnson(hope I spelled that right?)for the amazing Jade art!!]
Jacks POV

My mind raced, sitting in the waiting room. I  tried to think a joke to myself, about how I'm always in a hospital, but it made me feel worse. Mak and Mark couldn't get here fast enough.

I kept looking over at the clock, for what would seem like minutes, would be mere seconds. I heard shoes scuff behind me, "Jack?" I turned to see Mark, I could tell I must have been crying because his face molded into more sympathy.

I went to stand up to hug him, but he wouldn't allow me. "No Jack you're shaking, just try to relax."
"Is there any word on Jade?" Mak asked. I shook my head.

They joined me in the seats, and we sat there for what felt like forever. About 45 minutes later a doctor with a clipboard approached us. "You guys here for Jade?"  We all stood up, as he asked us to follow him. I was concerned to see that he brought us too an office, and not Jades hospital room.

"Please Join me at the table." He said, making my anxiety shoot through the roof. We sat down, and my legs bounced. He shifted through his papers, and nodded to himself.

"You're friend Jade," he paused, while looking at all of us. "Had a heart attack, her pace maker went bad about 8 months ago. A pace maker keeps a poor heart working, and because she hadn't come in to have the batteries changed, the pace maker couldn't do it's job." The doctor said.

"I didn't even know she had a pace maker?" Mark said, gaining a nod from Mak. 
"Had any of you known?" I nodded anxiously, "me, b-but I didn't know how they worked. I would have made her come if I k-" he cut me off. "It's ok son, it's not your fault.

"Is she ok?" Mak asked l, before I could ramble again.
The doctor took in a big breathe and kinda sighed.
"Well, unfortunately we don't know. With the amount of damage she previously had and the amount she added from that 8 months we don't know. We are doing the best we can but I just don't know if she's going to wake u-" 

I shot up, clinking my chair with the wall behind me. I wiped my eyes, and ran toward the nearest bathroom. Once I saw it I ran right toward the toilet, and began to throw up.

As I was throwing up, I felt a hand on my back, who I assumed to be mark. Once I felt I had finished I fell back into the stall, leaning on it. One leg bent up and the other sprawled out straight.

I looked up to see a blurry Mark, who had knelt down to sit with me. I leant my head on his shoulder, and began crying. "I can't loose her Mark, she's my best friend.... shes my best friend and she didn't even believe she was.."  that part made me cry even harder. I began chocking on the air, my saliva, and grossly enough snot.

"It's ok Jack, It's ok. She knows Jack." He said kissing my head. "She's just gotta make it." I cried out, the bathroom echoed with my sobs. "I know Jack." He said.

"He said we can visit her." Mark said. "When you ran out, we can see her." All I did was nod. He stood up and, held his arm out, helping me up.  I washed my face in the sink as best as I could, and gargled some water.

I walked behind Mark, toward a room I saw Mak standing at. Before we reached the room Mark whispered. "If I begin to see it's too much for you I'm taking you out."

We arrived to room 318C, "shes inside." Mak said.
We kinda just all sat there until Mak decided to open the door.  My eyes drooped, as I saw Jade laying on the bed lifeless, with tubes hooked up to her face and arms, and two- two large ones in her chest.

You should have known.
No. Stop please.
Look at her.
Please.
She's your best friend, you should have known.

I scratched at my arms, entranced at Jades figure. I felt hot streams, run down my cheeks. After a few
Moments, I felt Mark grab my hand, and cock his head to the door. I shook my head.

The doctor walked in as we were looking at the door.
"Unfortunately, visiting hours are over... but one of you may stay." The doctor siad, "I will." i said before anyone could think.

"What- Jack no." Mark tried, but I looked back to him. "She's my best friend and I need to be here when she wakes up...i-if she wakes up."
"It is always better that the closest person to the patient is there." The doctor added.

I watched Mark, look back from me and Jade. "A-alright.. just-just call me if you need anything ok? Anything." I nodded as he hugged me, and kissed me. I hugged him tightly one more time. "Be safe." He whispered in my ear, as I nodded.

"I love you." I said, gripping his shirt.
"I love you too, baby." He said kissing me one more time, following the doctor and Mak out.

I pulled up a chair, to the side of Jades bed, and grabbed her hand. "Please." I whispered. "Please wake up."

"You're my bestfriend."

________________
I have more art, but I can't find where I saved it, and my kik deleted the others. Please resend if I haven't posted them, also I am accepting more always  -Phantom