Chapter 11

Grayson's P.O.V.

I woke up earlier today and went in my room,because I had been sleeping in Ethan's room all night and I couldn't let anyone see that,I mustn't forget that mom and dad are at home.

I got up from my bed,I got a quick shower.It was 10am and the weather seemed a little cold that usual so I put on a hoodie and sweatpants.

I wanted to go down in the kitchen,but I decided to wake Ethan up and then we could go down together and have a breakfast.

I didn't knock on his door,I opened t and went in,he was sleeping peacefully,at least I saw so because I heard his breathing and he was facing a window so I couldn't really see his face.

I went on the other side of thee room and saw that his eyes were wide open and he was curled up like a ball on his bed.

'E are you awake?'I smiled and kissed his hair,but he didn't say anything,he didn't even move.

'Are you okay?'I softened my voice and kneeled down at his bed,he was silent.

'Ethan?'I got worried,he wasn't saying a word,he was just laying there,I think he was somewhere in another universe,I went out from his room to call mom because he was frightening me.

'Ma!Come here for a second!'I shouted when I didn't find her anywhere,in a few seconds I heard her footsteps next to me.

'What's wrong Grayson?'She asked me curiously.

'I went to Ethan's room to wake him up but it turns out he is awake,because his eyes are open,also I tried to speak to him but he didn't say a word.I don't know what is going on.'I shrugged and she furrowed her brows for a second but suddenly something strange flashed on her face and she rushed towards Ethan's room.

'Ethan..sweetie,don't you want to get up?We can make whatever you want for breakfast.'She patted his hair.

'No.'He silently whispered.

'What about a walk?We can go wherever you want..'Lisa suggested,but Ethan shook his head.

She stood up and grabbed my arm,we went downstairs,dad was in the living room.

'We need to talk.'She said and I sat next to my dad.Sean looked at her with worried eyes.

'I really hoped this would not happen,but I think we can't run away from genetics,I think I know what's wrong with Ethan.'She said and a strange expression flashed on Sean's face.

'Sweetie what are you talking about?'

'He doesn't want to get up,he just wants to lay down all day,I know these symptoms too well,my sister had them.I think Ethan's bipolar,and I'm not saying that it's not something we shouldn't worry about,it can be a very serious thing.'

'Your sister June was bipolar too?I remember her,but..how's it possible Ethan can be bipolar too?'Dad asked with worried eyes.

'I told you I know these symptoms,but we still have to take him to the hospital.'She said.

'What will they do to him?'I finally spoke.

'They'll take care of him.'Replied mom.

'What do you mean they'll take care of him?!He's all right!He's just a little tired!'I started to panic when I imagined that they might take him away from me.

'Grayson calm down,we won't know what's gonna happen,yet.'Sean said,but how could I be calm right now?

Mom went in Ethan's room and soon they both were downstairs,Ethan was looking very sad and his face didn't show any other emotion,he neither spoke,nor ate anything.

Mental health isn't something you should make fun of,it's a serious issue and it affects lots of things,it needs to be taken care of.

I went in my room and changed my clothes and we all went to the hospital together,I opened my phone and searched for bipolar symptoms.

'Bipolar disorder is characterized by dramatic or unusual mood swings between major depression and extreme elation, or mania. The mood swings can be mild or extreme. They can come on slowly or quickly, within hours to days. Bipolar disorder usually starts between 15 and 30 years of age. It's more prevalent in those teens who have a family history of mood disorder or psychiatric problems.Scientists don't know the exact cause of bipolar disorder. Still, many experts believe that of all psychiatric disorders, bipolar is the most closely linked to genetics. For example, if your parent or close relative has bipolar disorder, you are about nine times more likely to get the condition than teens with no family history.'

Oh nice.Very nice.Couldn't wish anything better.Let's see.

1)We had an aunt with the same thing-family history.
2)He's 16,so it's pretty much normal to start from here.
3)His mood swings.

Almost everything in here is the same,but I've heard that you can not trust the internet,so I still had a hope that Ethan would be all right.

Sean parked the car at hospital parking lot,we got out of the car.Ethan was looking on his feet,his face was once again emotionless and my hearth dropped at this sight of him.

We went on the third floor and mom said a few things to receptionist and then Ethan and Lisa went in a doc's room.

The label next to the door said:
'Psychiatrist Dr.Elijah Moore.'

I couldn't sit down calmly,I was walking around in the hospital,they only let mom in with Ethan and my dad and I had to wait outside.

After twenty minutes of waiting mom finally opened the door.I rushed towards her to hear what the doctor said.

'I was right.The doctor said it's a bipolar disease and that it's because of genetics,they're gonna give us some medication for E ,but before we take him home,he needs to stay here for a few weeks.'I heard her say.

'What?We can't leave him here!He doesn't have to stay here!He should be at home if anything,where he belongs!'I started to panic and raised my voice,I probably sounded vey desperate.

'Grayson calm down sweetheart,it's just for a few weeks and it's for his own good,okay?He'll be home as soon as possible I promise.'Lisa hugged me but I was still annoyed by the fact that they were leaving Ethan there.

Ethan was still inside,when he came out he was wearing a dark orange uniform,his rings were gone.

'Ethan..'I quietly whispered and hugged him,he was so out of this world,what happened to my brother?

Two nurses took him at the end of the lobby and we went back to them,there were people in the same uniform in that room where they took Ethan,it was locked very tightly and the door had cages from outside.

I got nauseous at this sight,I can't be away from him and yet they took Ethan from me this easily.

My mood changed,I got very angry and sad,I refused to drive with mom and dad,I wanted to talk to someone else and that couldn't be my parents.

I took my phone from my pocket and dialed Anna's number.

'Ann can I come over to your apartment?'I asked quietly when she answered.

'Sure Gray,are you okay?'She asked me with a worried tone.

'I'll tell you when I'll get there,text me the address.'

'Okay..'She said and I hung up the phone,I shoved it back in my pocket and covered my face with my hands.

-

Poor boys:(
i hope you enjoyed this chapter,i may update the next chApter today as well!!Love you lots ❤️
p.s. sorry if there are any typos/errors it was very late when i wrote this and i was crunching from pain haha.