Chapter 6

A few days later, the five children were back, and Skye had never been happier. It was
Saturday, and there was a Slytherin/Gryffindor Quidditch match that morning. All the students went out to the stands carrying flags, posters and scarves in their house colours, ready for the big showdown of the year. The Slytherin team was in the waiting area, with Marcus at the front and Oliver at the back. On the other side of the pitch, the Gryffindor team were waiting to play, led by Charlie Weasley. Madam Hooch sat the box of balls down on the grass and the teams came out to meet in the middle of the pitch. "I want a nice, clean game, do you hear me?" Both teams grinned slightly. The two captains begrudgingly shook hands and they all got into position. Madam Hooch released the quaffle and the bludgers, then let go of the snitch, signalling the start of the game.

Twenty minutes later, Gryffindor were up by 100 points and Slytherin were struggling. Oliver was a good keeper, but something had him distracted. Marcus was getting frustrated. He flew down towards the stands and Skye slipped him a note for Oliver. Seeing Skye's words, he immediately grinned. Even though he managed to start blocking goals, Slytherin were still down by 50 points. Marcus called for a time out, and Skye ran down to the pitch as they landed. "What the hell are you guys playing at? Where is our seeker?" Marcus turned to the Slytherin seeker and murmured something to madam Hooch. "Skye, could you possibly fill in as seeker? Mulciber's having a huge breakdown." Skye looked worried, but nevertheless, she nodded. Mulciber followed her to the changing room, where Skye put the uniform on. On the pitch, the situation was being explained to the crowd.

All of a sudden, there was a blur of green as Skye shot out of the changing room on her broom. The game was resumed and the players went off again. Half an hour later, Slytherin were 50 points ahead and Skye had almost caught the snitch twice. Skye saw the snitch over by the goal posts, so she flew straight towards it with the Gryffindor seeker, Charlie, right behind her. The two of them shared some harsh words about Ron, and Charlie took advantage of the girl and sped up. Just as he was about to grab the snitch, Fred and George, decked out in green beaters robes, directed the two bludgers at their older brother, knocking him from his broom, right to the ground below. Skye immediately grabbed the golden ball in her left hand and Slytherin were declared the winners. Landing on the ground, she ran to where Charlie was lay. Fred and George joined her. "Are you okay Charlie?" Charlie scowled and grumbled quietly. "What the hell was that for? I'm on your side, I have a dark mark!" Skye looked guilty. "Had to keep up appearances, everyone thinks you're a member of the order." Charlie groaned, pulling himself into a sitting position. The three Slytherins backed off to join their team as the Gryffindor team came to make sure Charlie was okay.

Later that day, the Slytherin common room was alive with the noise of celebrations. Mulciber came over to Skye and her friends, a slight smile on his face. "Thank you, Skye. For taking over, I'm not really sure what happened out there, but Snape thinks I was cursed. You play well." Skye smirked. "Thank you, and don't worry. We won, and that is all that counts. Charlie isn't even mad." Mulciber laughed as he went and joined the team. Everyone in Slytherin knew Charlie had the dark mark, and so they were pretty relaxed around him. It was nearly dinner time, but the Slytherins didn't care about that. They were now just sat around together, talking, when they heard knocking on the wall. Everyone went silent. "It could be a prank." One of the fourth years said. "Only one way to find out." Marcus said, standing up. "Password?" He called, and a sheepish voice replied on the other side of the wall. "I forgot." Fred and George laughed.

"Charlie!" Marcus opened the portrait hole, and Charlie ran inside.

"I didn't fancy listening to the Gryffindors blame me for us losing. Even Percy says that we've lost the Quidditch cup now and he blames me. He's also blaming Ron for us losing the House cup." Charlie grabbed some firewhiskey off the table and downed the whole glass. "We best be getting to dinner, I'm sure that will be a fine affair." Oliver murmured, making everyone laugh. "Let's face it, I don't think anyone will care that we don't turn up to dinner, they all hate us, especially me." Skye said, burying her head in the sofa cushions. "Don't cry. It gets easier as you get older." Marcus told her. The Slytherins let Charlie go to the hall so that people didn't get suspicious, and then the whole house walked together.

Dinner was a noisy affair, as Slytherin house was branded the house of cheaters, with the Gryffindor team claiming that Skye should not have been allowed to play, as she was just a first year. After dinner, Skye left the hall without a word, and using the invisibility cloak, she escaped to the black lake to write in her diary. She wrote about her day and all the things she had been called. A couple of hours later, she saw Severus come outside, obviously looking for her. She stood up and ran to his office, being careful to avoid losing her invisibility cloak. Entering the room, she shrunk her cloak and placed it in her pocket, before lying down on the sofa and falling asleep.

Severus entered his office through the classroom, making sure everything was in order for classes on Monday. He opened the door the office and stopped. His sister was fast asleep on his sofa, and he hadn't even noticed. He carried her to her room and left her for there for her friends to find. He immediately went to find his step-mother to tell her that Skye was safe, before settling down for the night.

Back in the Slytherin dorms, Skye's roommates had found her and had reassured the rest of their housemates that she was safe and unharmed. The rest of the first years decided to sit on the floor in front of the fireplace to play a muggle game called Cards against Humanity that a muggleborn 7th year had let them borrow. Suffice it to say that the evening was very enjoyable for everyone involved, with lots of laughs from everybody. They had one more week of school before the summer holidays, and so everyone was focussed on winning the house cup and having lots of fun before they went their separate ways.

Later that evening, the first years finished their game, declaring Sally Smith - a girl that seemed shy at first glance, but was actually very brutal - the winner. They trudged up the stairs to bed, fully intent on having a lie in the next morning. In the boys' room, Greg and Vince decided to go straight to sleep, but Theo and Blaise decided to take a shower first. Draco and Harry sat together between their beds and pulled out the chess board. In the girls' room, a similar situation was happening. Sally, Pansy and Daphne were in the shower, whilst Skye and Millie slept. Mia and Hermione were playing chess, even though neither of them could play properly. Without realising it, the four children were all playing a simultaneous game of chess, and their moves were almost identical to the ones that their siblings were making.