Chapter 7

Sunday went by in a flash for the students of Hogwarts and finally, it was the last week of classes before summer. Skye and her friends completed homework, answered any questions that they were asked, and were absolutely as good as gold in their lessons. When it came to Wednesday, they had their first Charms lesson of the week with the Gryffindors. Arriving at the classroom, the Slytherins were not surprised to see Ron mouthing off about them, having come back to school after being suspended, just so that he could see who won the house cup. "Well, look what the cat dragged in! I thought you got suspended, rat boy!" Skye said, a dangerously calm expression on her face. "Oh, couldn't miss the fun now, could I? The look on your face when Gryffindor wins the cup on Saturday will be priceless." Skye scoffed, but it was Seamus who spoke up. "Yeah, but thanks to you Weasley for losing us an awful amount of points by poisoning the dark princess, and us losing the match last weekend, we are not going to win. My money is on Ravenclaw. Now, don't talk to us." The whole of the Gryffindor first years turned away from the ginger haired boy, whose face had gone as red as his hair.

Later in the day, the Slytherins walked together into the hall for dinner and for once, nobody stared at them. Instead, they noticed that Ron was being glared at by every member of Hogwarts, including his brothers and the professors. "Uh oh. Well then, at least the attention isn't on us, hey?" Hermione giggled at Skye as they sat down to eat. It wasn't until halfway through dinner that they were finally noticed by the rest of the school, but they did not care, because they were far more interested in eating their chicken wings and listening to what their friends were saying. When dinner finished, they went back to the common room to get ready for bed. Upon entering the common room, they noticed that Charlie was already there waiting, along with Fred, George, Marcus and Oliver. "So, two more days. A little birdie tells me that Gryffindor are in last place. Ravenclaw are in the lead. We're in second. Also, Ravenclaw are in the lead for the Quidditch cup. We've got one more game against Hufflepuff on Saturday morning, and then that's it. We have to win." Oliver told them. "Done. We can do this."

Thursday came and went, and Friday was soon upon them. "Good morning, friends! Last day of classes!" Hermione cheered. "I calculated the results and the first years need to get exactly 75 points to overtake Ravenclaw. 75 points will give us 4000 points and put us in 1st place, but because of the other houses gaining points, we need to gain at least 100, and lose none." Everyone nodded as they left the common room together for breakfast. The first lesson they had was DADA with the Ravenclaws, and the tension in the room could be cut with a knife. Alassia entered the room and immediately started teaching. "Miss Patil, name one of the three unforgivable curses." Padma Patil looked nervous. "Uh, the imperious curse." Alassia nodded. "Five points to Ravenclaw." She wasn't going to make this easy. "Mr Zabini, another?" The Italian boy smirked. "The cruciatus curse. Causes excruciating pain for the victim." The Ravenclaws glared. "10 points to Slytherin for a correct answer and an explanation. Now, the last one. The killing curse. Where do these three curses lead you to?" Skye's hand shot up. "Miss Riddle." Alassia smiled fondly. "Well, you end up with a person under your control, a

person in pain and a dead body. Oh, and a one way ticket to Azkaban." The end of the DADA lesson left the Slytherins with an extra 30 points, but Ravenclaw were still winning.

After a short break, the Slytherins walked off towards the Herbology greenhouses. The

Gryffindors were already there, but the Slytherins made no comment. They focussed entirely on the points, knowing that they were necessary for a victory. After listening to professor Sprout drone on about her precious plants and answering her questions, Slytherin had earned another 20 points. Lunch was a silent affair, with Slytherin being very well behaved. Everyone was concerned, knowing that there were probably ulterior motives behind the silence. Ron had tried to provoke them many times, but to no avail, which had frustrated him so much that he ran from the hall in anger. Soon, it was time for Muggle Studies and the idea of gaining points went out of the window. Everyone looked very bored and nobody spoke for the whole lesson, just letting the professor babble on about televisions and the internet. Even the Hufflepuffs were not engaged by the class, and eventually, they fell asleep.

Transfiguration was the last subject of the day, with Ravenclaw. Professor McGonagall was in a very disagreeable mood, which meant that the Slytherins acted even more nice than usual. After the lesson, McGonagall begrudgingly told them that they had gained 40 points, meaning that the first years alone had accumulated 90 points over the day. At dinner, the Slytherins revelled in the news and relaxed a little, especially when it was revealed that the 2nd and 3rd years had gained 50 points, the 4th years had 30, 5th had 20 and the 6th and 7th years gained 40. Skye quickly counted them up and gasped. "That's 230 in one day!" It was clear to see that Slytherin were probably going to win, but it wasn't over yet. As they left the hall, they heard Ron boasting about the 50 points he had earned back for good behaviour. "Yes, but if you hadn't done wrong in the first place, we wouldn't have lost those points." Seamus moaned, pushing past and running off to Gryffindor tower. "Great, not again." Neville said, following him.

Later that night, Skye and her friends were sitting in the common room with the other
Slytherins, whilst Severus and Alassia stood at the front, talking about the house cup. Sat at the back of the room, the first years laughed. "Blah, blah, blah, don't need to hear it. Let's go to the boys' room and talk." The first years snuck away to the dorms and decided to play Cards against Humanity again. After another brutal game, Pansy and Daphne were declared as the winners, as they both had twelve black cards. Finally, they decided to settle down for the night. All except Skye. She sat on her bed with the curtains drawn, thinking. She knew that this year was just a test, but she also knew that next year would be worse. Hogwarts would never be normal with her as a student.

A while later, she was down in the common room writing in her diary and writing a letter to her parents. As soon as she had finished, she ran to the owlery to post her letter, before slipping back into bed, falling asleep for the night, already imagining the Quidditch match and points reveal tomorrow.