Spring Cleaning

Adam walked down the halls of Monmouth Manufacturing. He looked inside Ronan's room only to find it empty. Well, far from empty, actually.

Clothes were strewn everywhere, as well as anything you could ever imagine and things Adam could only possibly describe as 'Dream things'.

Adam knew he wasn't supposed to be in Ronan's room without his consent but he walked in anyway, wading his way through the floor covered in random stuff.

"The fuck, Parrish?"

This sudden outburst caused Adam to fall down into a pile of clothes.

"Your room is a shithole." Adam responds.

He sat up and saw Ronan leaning against the doorway, arms crossed. They stared at each other for a few moments before Ronan walked over to Adam in the pile of clothes and sat down next to him.

"You're a shithole." Ronan responds.

"How about I help you clean up your room a bit?" Adam offers.

Ronan fake-gasps. "I thought you loved how untidy I was!"

"Not when it becomes a hazard, I don't!" Adam responds.

Ronan seems to think about this for a moment before responding. "How about" his eyebrows knit together for a second before he continues "you take me for milkshakes and then we can come back here and I'll possibly let you tidy up for me."

Adam sits up and extends his arm. Ronan grabs it and hauls him onto his feet. They go to a local drive in and order milkshakes.

Instead of going back to Monmouth, Ronan drives them to the outskirts of town. He curves onto a dirt road and stops just before a forest of trees.

"Where are we?" Adam asks.

"Grab your milkshake." Ronan responds grabbing his own.

After Ronan slams his door, Adam slides out of the passenger side and stalks after Ronan and into the forest.

They walk for a few minutes before settling down on a large rock at the edge of a clearing with a small body of water.

"What'd you bring me here for?" Adam asks, picking the cherry off the top of Ronan's milkshake. He knew Ronan didn't like the cherries so he always ate his for him.

Ronan just shrugs in response. "I have a thing for trees and forests" he takes a sip from his milkshake "and I guess it sort of reminds me of Cabeswater in one way or another."

"Wanna see a trick?" Adam lifts the stem of the cherry in front of him.

Ronan shrugs. Adam takes it as a yes and puts the stem in his mouth. A few moments later he opens his mouth and takes the stem out.

He holds it out in his hand for Ronan to see. The stem was now tied in a perfect knot.

"Shit, Parrish." Ronan says, a sly grin playing on his lips.

Ronan sets aside his milkshake and scoots closer to Adam. He rests his hand on Adam's arm and closes the gap between their lips.

Adam's heart starts beating at a rate that used to frighten him. The only time his heart ever beat this fast was when Ronan drove too fast over the speed limit and whenever he kissed him.

Their tongues intertwined and he replaced the cherry stem for Ronan's thigh.

Once they broke apart and finished their milkshakes - which were now a melted mess - Ronan drove them back to Monmouth.

They spent the rest of the day cleaning up Ronan's room. No that was wrong. Adam spent the rest of the day cleaning up Ronan's room. Ronan, however, spent his time laying on his bed, Chainsaw perched on his bedside lamp.

Adam didn't mind cleaning up Ronan's room. He found it relaxing, he felt needed and like he fit.

Plus, every once in a while when Adam bent over to pick up a pair of underwear or piece of trash Ronan would let out a light exhale or whistle that Adam could barely hear but made him blush nonetheless.

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this! This is the second one shot I've ever written so it might not be all that good and it's the first time I've written either of these characters and anything Raven Boys lol.

Please let me know what you thought and future topic ideas! Thank you for reading