The guy I love turned to a stranger - Chapter 4

______________________
"One of the most difficult tasks in life is removing someone from your heart."
______________________

As the fairy explained, it became hard for me to choose the right option. How will I live in a life I wasn't used to? How will I live without the things that fill up my life? How will I live without everything? How will I be determined to face each and everyday without someone supporting me?

Is it okay to give up everything I have for the man I love? If I will choose the second option, I will lose EVERYTHING. Even the memories that I treat like a precious gem. It's like I'm a newborn child who has nothing.

But I've made up my mind. My life would be boring without someone loving and caring for me. I might lose the chance if I will not choose this. This is my final decision. I'm ready to face a new life.

___________________________

"Doc, how is she?"

I heard a voice of a man. It's like he's very worried about her girlfriend.

"She's still unconscious but let's just hope that she'll wake up soon." The doctor said.

Who's that girl? I asked myself and checked the patient out of curiosity.

I-is tha-that m..e? Why am I lying on a hospital bed? Am I already dead? What happened to me?! Why am I there? Why can I see my body from here? Am I now a ghost? Then I cried. Tears can't stop falling from my eyes. My heart is in pain. I'm really really really really sad. I can't believe what I've seen. I'm too young for this. But why can't I remember anything? Is this because I drank a tea that mr. grim reaper gave me? Can the Goblin's bride also see me? No, this isn't the perfect time to joke around. But I can't even remember my name. I cried again and again.

I went outside the room to check my name. A doctor passed by me. It made me cry again when I knew that I'm invisible.

"Selene Leigh? Is that my name?"
"Yes that is. I'm glad I can see you" A guy answered me.
"How did you know? And wait, how can you see me? Am I dreaming? Who are you? Did you just talk to me?" I said.
"I can see ghosts. This is my secret. By the way, I'm Clayson. Nice to meet you. I'm not going to ask you to shake hands with me cause people might think I'm going crazy." He said while smiling.

Why do I find him familiar? Why does my heart beat like this? Why do I feel like I already met him from somewhere before? Who is this guy?

"Why are you here? Do you know me?" I asked.
"Oh yeah, um that, Uhh." He said while looking really nervous.
"I'm the reason why you're here in the hospital. I'm really really sorry. I know you won't forgive me but still, I'm really really really sorry."

"A sorry isn't enough. Do you think that will change everything? I might not be able to come back to life again because of you. You ruined everything." I said while tears keep falling from my eyes again. My anger turned into tears. He's the reason why I'm sad. Ang he's also the reason why I'm angry.

"What will I need to do for you to forgive me?" He asked.

I looked into his teary eyes. I can feel that he really regrets what happened.

"It wasn't my intention to hit you. It was an accident. I hope you forgive me when you wake up. I'm very very sorry. Please forgive me. Please." He begged.

I can't easily forgive him even if I want to. It was his fault. I will just think about it after I wake up.

Then I disappeared. I went to a place that looks like a paradise and it helped me think clearly.

I stayed in that place for 2 months and secretly visits my body in the hospital. I saw how he took care of me while I was away. He's so caring. I feel like falling in love. He sleeps there in my room sometimes because I have no family. He fixes my bed and sits beside me while holding my hand. I was so touched by what I've seen. He's very sweet to a stranger and that makes me fall in love with him even more. Maybe he takes care of me because he did something really wrong or maybe out of pity. It's impossible for him to fall in love with me. Really impossible.

I roamed around for days and days until those days became a year. He never left me alone. He's always there by my side. He's there in the morning, goes somewhere in the afternoon and comes back at night with a lot of fruits even if he knows that I'm in a coma. He's always hoping that my eyes will open one day and everything will be okay. I hope that day is today.

I showed up infront of him and he looked really surprised. He said, "Thank you for showing again. Thank you for letting me know that your spirit is okay. Thank you." Then I answered, " I should be the one thanking you. I know what you did for me each and everyday and now it's clear that the accident happened unintentionally." Then I smiled.

"Selene, I have a gi-"

What's wrong with me? My fingers start to fade. What's happening? Am I going to die for real?

"Selene! Selene what's happening? Don't disappear! Selene! Selene!" He kept shouting my name and cried.

___________________________

Will that be the end of their love story or is it just the beginning?