Chapter 4 "Zane Looses His Job"

Zane's POV

I came to work with nothing but stress and sweaty palms. The boss wanted to talk to me. Knowing that the boss is no longer my bride or Aphmau, it was someone I never really knew that well. His name was John. He had red hair and freckles across his face with the coldest blue eyes. "Yes boss, you needed me?" The boss looked from his pile of papers on his desk and pointed at the seat, "Sit down." I sat down and started to fidget with my fingers. I could hear my heart beat pumping loud. "I am sorry Zane...but you are now fired." I felt my face burn up as a flare of anger came upon me. "What-why? YOU CANT DO THAT. YOU HAVE NO REASON!" I yelled. His eyes went wide. I took a deep breath, "Sorry boss, but why would you fire me?" He gave me a quick glare..."Look, I need to fire someone or, the company goes completely down." I was confused, "But why? Excuse me sir but I-" "NO EXCUSES!" He yelled, "YOU WILL PACK UP AT ONCE!" He pointed out the door. I gave a small nod and left the room. Just then a whole lot of thoughts came into my head: Why did this happen? Did the boss not like me? We don't have much money, how are we going to survive?
I thought real hard until I came home, "Hey baby!" Kawaii~Chan kissed my cheek. "How was work?" I felt me sweating again, "I-I uh...did not have a great day." I looked at my sweaty palms. "Oh no, what happened?" I looked at her sadly, "You won't be mad right?" Kawaii~Chan nodded, "I kinda lost my job..." I said. She looked a bit worried. "Uh-oh. Hunny, what did you do?" I looked at her and then back at my hands, "I did not do anything. The boss said I had to be fired." She started to tear up. "Our money! What about that. I gotta get a job now is that what your gonna say? Huh?" She seemed a little mad. "Go show your boss what your made of!" I started to flare up inside. "NO! JUST GO AWAY OKAY? I GOT THIS JUST CHILL OUT!!!" I finally took out my anger. We stopped talking for awhile...and she broke the quietness...

Kawaii~Chan's POV

"You know, I think you need a break and think about this," I said to him feeling my eyes burn. "Maybe, I should be alone for a couple of hours. Your right. I am sorry but, I need to think." He whispered calmly to me. I closed my eyes and felt tears drip from off my eyes as I clenched them shut. I nodded and saw the kids finally here from school. "Kids let's go somewhere for a bit." I said. I grabbed the car keys and took them to DQ.

Zane's POV

I sat there on the bed...alone....I felt guilty and sorrow hit me on the head like two jackhammers. I felt a tear fall from my eye. "What did I do?" I whispered to myself. I called Aphmau knowing she might have advice, but she did not pick up. "Oh, that's right she's on a date with Aaron." I said out loud. Then I called Katelyn, "Hello?" She answered. "Hey, Katelyn." I said trying not to make me sound like I was crying. "Yes Zane?" I thought of what to say and told her what happened. She told me what to do, "Apologize and buy something that makes up for it." I agreed to do so. I thought hard what does Kawaii~Chan like: Oh flowers! Right pink flowers! I smiled and thanked Katelyn then hung up as I rushed to the door and ran to the store. "Perfect." I saw pink roses that were almost the color of Kawaii~Chan's hair dye. I bought them and went home while wrote a note that wrote: You are the sunlight that lights up my world. And every time we get in a fight, a thunder storm comes. I am so sorry. Please forgive me...from Zane.
Perfect just perfect. I smiled and waited till she came home...