~Prologue~

I sat on my parent's couch, tapping my feet on the ground. They noticed I was nervous, but honestly, I was petrified. My parents always have wanted me to be a good kid, successful in life, and much much more. But this, might make them re-think everything, maybe even scare them. "Why are you so nervous?", my dad asked, breaking me out of my trance.

"Because I have to tell you something that you might hate me for.." My mother looked at my father. "We could never hate you!", my mom said with a reassuring smile. It didn't really help much.

I looked them both dead in the eye, and sighed. "Y/N's pregnant..". My mom turned white, while my dad looked at the floor. "I didn't mean to get her pregnant! You guys should know how condoms sometimes don't work!". I was at the verge of tears.

"Ethan.. You're so young! But.. I get it.." I looked up at my mom. "I think we kinda know that condoms don't always work, that's how you're here! We love you, and we love Y/N. Soon we'll love our new grandchild!". I jumped up and hugged both of my parents at the same time. They've never said that they loved Y/N, and that makes me so, so happy.

______________

Sliding down the wall. The words keep on replaying in my head. There was nothing we could do. I can't even cry, it hurts so much. The sound of Y/N's mom crying tears my heart to shreds. My girlfriend just died. My baby mama just.. died! I don't even know if it's a boy or girl yet, and right now I just want my parents.

I hear my mom and dad running to me. I started running to them, and wrapped my arms around my mom as tightly as I could. She rubbed circles on my back, as she whispered sweet things to me. "I'm so sorry.." my dad said, taking me into a hug. I cried harder, and i don't know why.

"Ethan?" I heard Y/N's dad say. I turn around to see just him. "The doctors wanted us to sign for the baby, but it wouldn't be fair to you. if you don't want to take on the responsibility right now, we'll sign." I looked at my mom, and my dad.

"Of course I want my child.." I walked away from my parents with Y/n's dad. He wrapped his arm around me as he took me to his wife, also Y/N's mom.

"Ethan.. Our daughter loved you very much. Ever since fourth grade she talked about how nice and cute you were.. We want the best for you, since were not letting you leave our family. Y/N called us every night saying how excited she was to become a mom.. And how you were excited to become a dad. If you do this, you better bring our grandchild to see us almost everyday, okay?" Y/N's mom said, sniffling the whole time.

"Of course, I wouldn't want to take your grandchild away from you two. Hey, do you guys know the gender yet?" Y/N's mom handed me the papers.

"We've been saving that for you." I read the papers, and immediately start to cry again. "I have a little girl!" I said. Y/N's parent's eyes lit up. Her mom hugged me, and her dad patted me on the shoulder.