patient • taesana

"Dr. Kim, please watch over our Patient No. 29." A young and tall boy was walking along the halls wearing a long and white coat, which is a reminder that he is a professional doctor. He slowly rubbed his coat before running his fingers along his hair.

"Patient No. 29. Copy that." He said in a deep and husky voice. But, before he could step back away from the table, he looked back and took the paper where the all of the patient's name are written. He doesn't even knew why, but he was just curious on whom Patient No. 29 is. While he was scrolling down, he finally found the number which he was looking for.

"Patient No. 29." He said slowly. He tilted his head, and mentioned her name slowly. "Minatozaki Sana?" He pointed his index finger on his cheek, while thinking deeply.

"Sana.." He said, while scrolling down her profile. He even noticed that their birthday's were near to each other, which is a coincidence. While scrolling down, a paper fell down and he picked it up. It was her picture. He stared at it and scanned her face, without even realizing that he was smiling.

"Minatozaki Sana, my Patient. No. 29." He said and he rushed off to Room 29, to visit his patient. When he finally reached her room, he stopped by infront of her door and sighed in relief. He fixed his coat, and rubbed his hair gently before going inside. When he stepped inside, a feminine and sweet smell welcomed him which catched his attention. He slowly looked over to the bed where she was sitting all alone, and noticed that she's all alone inside.

"Ehem." He said which caught the young girl's attention. She slowly glanced at him, and looked at his eyes with her brown hazel eyes. After the long silence, her bright and sweet smile broke the awkward atmosphere between the two. She slowly stroke a strand of her hair, and waved at him which acts as a greeting.

"Oh, hi." She said with her low tone. She was about to stand, when Taehyung stopped her from standing, maybe because she might get tired quickly. Sana on the other hand, agreed and she remained from sitting. Taehyung slowly walked towards her, as Sana tries to fix her hair into a ponytail to make herself look fresh.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Kim." He said as he reached out his hand for her. "Kim Taehyung." And he smiled. Sana tilted her head a little as she scanned his face while staring at it, and she smiled once again and happily held his hand and shook it gently.

"Kim Taehyung?" She said with a high-pitched tone as she rubbed the side of her cheek. With her cute and sudden action, Taehyung couldn't help but to smile because of her cute and adorable actions and gestures. He looked down trying to stop himself from smiling and giggling, and after that he looked at her in the eyes once again. As he stared at her deeply in the eyes, he could see loneliness and sadness into her, despite of her jolly and happy personality.

"So, how are you feeling today?" He asked her as he held his ballpen and paper. "Sana?" He mentioned her name. Sana looked down, as she swayed her feet under her bed gently. He heard her sigh deeply and heavily, and before that she looked up at him and flashed a tight and light smile. A smile which is isn't enough to cover up all of her problems and sadness.

"I guess, I'm doing fine, Mr. Kim." She answered back, as she looked at her side. Taehyung just stood there infront of her, as if he could feel her sadness lingering inside of herself. Because of that, he also felt worried and sad about his patient's problem. He looked down and breathed deeply, before sitting down beside her bed. Sana looked at him with a blank expression on her face.

"Are you?" Taehyung asked. He smiled at him. "It seems like you're not, Sana." She raised one of her eyebrows, and pouted a little. He giggled a little on her expression. He knew that Sana has personal issues, and she was an orphan eversince she was a little kid. Her parents left her inside the orphanage, and because of that, she always skip her meals, and she always lacks of sleep, and now she's feeling weak and she was sent to a hospital. But, she never listens to the doctor's advices, she always acted hard-headed. Sometimes, she pulls out anything which is connected to her that is why she never gets well quickly and easily.

"I don't know, Dr. Kim." She said as she rubbed the back of her neck, before gulping. "I feel okay, but why do I feel like something's broken inside of me." She said. "It's like I'm missing something." She hugged herself and buried her face through the pillow which she was holding. Taehyung just looked at her with a sad expression on his face, and he doesn't know what he should do to lessen her sadness. Suddenly, he thought of an idea.

"Sana." He said. "I'm gonna give you something very important." He searched through inside his bag, and picked up a small teddy bear. It may sound weird, but he always drag this stuff toy along with him, wherever he may go. When he was a kid, her mom gave it to him as a present, to remind him that eventhough she mightbe gone or she's far away from him, think of the teddy bear as his guide. That whenever he may feel lonely sad or depressed, he can hug the teddy bear anytime he wants to.

"Here." He showed his teddy bear to her. Sana's eyes widened when she saw a random stuff toy inside the doctor's bag. "I named him, Nick." Taehyung said while smiling. Sana just looked at him with a confused expression on her face. "He needs extra care."

Sana took it gently and slowly, and right after when she took a held on it, she smiled. The kind of smile where you can see extreme happiness inside a person. Taehyung just looked at Sana, and giggled a little. "He'll always look after you, and he'll never make you feel lonely, ever again." Sana hugged the teddy bear tightly, and after that he looked at Taehyung once again.

"Thank you, Dr. Kim." She said and she slowly moved a little closer to him, and wrapped her arms around him, and gave him a small and light hug, which could mean a lot to Taehyung. He loves warm hugs, and he never felt a hug after a very long time. He slowly closed his eyes, and felt the warm hug between Sana's arms. He noticed that he gently wrapped his arms around her too, and hugged her back. After the long hug, Taehyung told Sana that he'll be going now because he needs to finish something.

"Dr. Kim." She said. "Thank you very much." Taehyung smiled at him.

"Taehyung." He spoke in a low tone. "You can call me, Taehyung." He said. Sana nodded a little, and giggled. But, before Taehyung could walk outside from her room, Sana called her by the last time.

"Taehyung-ah."

He looked back at her.

"Yes?"

"Can you come here more often?"

Taehyung smiled and nodded multipled times.

"Sure." He gave her a thumbs-up sign. "I'll always will."

Sana smiled once again, and waved him goodbye.

"Bye, Taehyung."

"Bye, Sana."