Prologue

There are 5 special boys in this world that have helped me in more ways than they realise. I know that they don't know who I am so it's hard to imagine how much they help me if you don't feel the same way...

"And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"

It was one of those days, everyone has them once in a while. She couldn't see anything positive about herself or anything else. She looked in the mirror and only saw her flaws, she got inside her head and could only think of the negatives and she thought about her past and she could only remember the bad memories. It was one of those days where nothing was good enough...

That is except for one thing, or specifically 5 things who were always perfect in her mind. The Wanted. Their name means little to others or is a source of mockery for those who had taken a dislike to them, although she could not imagine why, what had they ever done wrong?

They were a constant in her life: they were always there whether it be through their idiotic tweets or their beautifully written and perfectly sang songs, they were always a source of comfort and happiness to her no matter what the circumstances. She knew that it would all be over soon though when they went on their break, what would she do then?

She sighed and closed her laptop, cutting off the boys' outstanding vocals mid verse. As much as she loved the song, the boys' cover of it even more so, it made her upset every time. The lyrics made her feel upset and she could relate to it in many ways... You always hear stories about how the boys have helped people that they have met but to be helped, you need to have met them which is something she has failed to do.

"I just want you to know who I am..." She sang quietly to herself. She wondered what it would be like to have them feature in her life physically but she soon pushed that thought out of her head, it would only make her more upset. You see, The Wanted were going on a break soon and after her many years of being a dedicated fan, she had failed to have ever met them and she probably never would. She wanted to meet them so dearly: to feel each of the boys around her as they hugged her; to share a dad joke with Max; to hear what witty thing Jay had to say; to ask Siva about his wedding; to hear Tom's crazy stories; to give Nathan a cup of tea... She wanted all of that but she knew she would never get any of it.

"It's just a stupid band" people would say. They're not though, do they not see what they do for people? I suppose they don't, they don't see what happens behind closed doors. That girl who puts up a front who nearly cried herself to sleep got through it because she listened to I'll Be Your Strength. That person who needed a laugh watched their videos and immediately their day got better. But people don't see that, do they? They see the boys who get drunk, party and swear but that's not what she sees, she sees them for what they truly are: saviours. And for that, The Wanted, she'd like to thank you...

Hi everyone. Just a heads up, you might find this story a bit emotional, especially if you find the thought of the break upsetting.

This is just the prologue, other chapters will be longer. xxx

Thank You- The Wanted short story fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें