Chapter 19

Four months into his pregnancy and Jack was slightly losing it. Not because of anything related to the baby but simply because of the way Kaiden was extremely overprotective. He kinda liked how Kaiden catered to his every wish and need but he also wanted to do things himself.

Sure he would need some help when his stomach was so bloated he couldn't see his toes anymore but for now, Jack could still move around without an issue. Brushing his hand over his stomach, he smiled to himself as his fingers traced the new shape.

It took some time, getting used to his ever growing belly, the morning sickness and dizzy spells that he frequently got but Kaiden was always there to help him. Reaching up on his tip toes, Jack's fingers barely brushed against his teacup before long fingers reached over his, grabbing the cup and placing it down on the counter well within his reach.

Warm lips pressed a gentle kiss against his temple, muffling Jack's protest before it could even start. Kaiden's arms wrapped around his waist, hands gently rubbing his stomach as the wolf sniffed at his neck, only to follow it up with another gentle kiss.

Jack huffed, giving his lover a pointed look to which the wolf smiled sheepishly but didn't show any remorse. He couldn't help it! Every time Jack was going to do something that could potentially cause him harm in any shape or form, his wolf was taking over to make sure nothing happened.

Rolling his eyes, Jack decided to not start an argument over something so silly and instead pointed up towards the plates, that actually were beyond his reach. "Since you're here, might as well put those down too."

Kaiden smiled, giving his love one more kiss on his cheek before chuckling. "Yes, dear." He easily reached up, teasing Jack with a glimpse of his toned stomach when his shirt skirted up a bit.

He quickly averted his eyes with a blush, feeling silly for doing so in the first place. They were in a relationship, they were mates, so he had a right to ogle his mate for whatever time he'd like! He chanced another look and blushed a deep red at Kaiden's teasing smirk, growing even worse as the wolf knowingly winked and flexed for Jack's enjoyment.

"See something you like, darling?" He questioned, laughing out loud when Jack only stuttered and licked his lips, trying to find the words to say. He gave his flustered mate a hug, enjoying how his belly pressed in between them, reminding Kaiden of the life they created.

A life that would join them soon enough, a little pup to play with, guard and protect as it explored the world. That reminded him of the job at hand as he slowly, reluctantly, pulled away from Jack. Their house wasn't really made for any future kids, so Kaiden had been working hard on making another cabin along with the rest of the pack.

He wanted the entire place to be ready for when the baby was due; his old cabin would most likely be refurnished and given to one of the teenagers in the pack, who would jump on this chance of freedom.

It was meant to be a surprise for Jack, but after two days of unexplained absence, Kaiden couldn't get the white lie over his tongue anymore. Luckily enough, Jack had quickly forgiven him for the small lie and had even confessed that he'd liked the scent of shaved wood on Kaiden.

"I'll be back around noon." Kaiden whispered as he held Jack close, nuzzling his hair as his wolf whined. As much as he longed to stay near Jack, keep his lover off of his feet and cuddle him all day, their new home needed to be ready before their pup was born.

"I know." Jack murmured softly, enjoying the hug for as long as it lasted, knowing he wasn't really enjoying their time apart, even if he grumbled about his wolf at times. "I'm starting up on lunch so it'll be finished by the time you're here."

Kaiden smiled at that, claiming Jack's lips in a tentative kiss, feeling the urge to prove to his mate how much he loved him. Yet at the same time, he really needed to get going. He was already late to help out with the construction of their new house.

Again.

So with much struggling and whining from his wolf, he managed to force himself out the door and towards their new house. It was a bit further away from the main pack area, so they wouldn't bother anyone with the new pups too much. But still close enough that in case of emergencies, the pack was quick to respond.

Kaiden nearly rolled his eyes as he spotted Rowan already hard at work, smirking at the wolf with a teasing gleam in his eyes. "I still can't believe you knocked him up so quickly...Took me forever before I even convinced my angel for pups..." He grumbled good-naturedly, making Kaiden punch him in the shoulder.

"Oh, get over it." Kaiden laughed as he started setting up the support beams, accepting the well wishes and congratulations from the other pack members with a grin. "Jack is pregnant much earlier than expected, big whoop."

Rowan snorted at that, shaking his head as he rubbed the sweat of his brow before looking at the building plans. "You know, I never really understood why they congratulate for getting pregnant..." 

Kaiden looked up at that, eyes full of questioning, since Rowan had been one of the first wolves to find out, and celebrate, the fact that Jack was expecting. "How so?"

The tall man shrugged, amusement sparking in his eyes as he replied smugly, "Well, I see plenty of people rubbing Jack's stomach and saying congratulations, but do you ever see anyone patting your balls for a job well done?"

Coffee spewed over the plans as Kaiden choked on his sip, eyes burning with tears before he choked and grunted as Rowan slapped him on the back. Several of the present wolves snickered and laughed, having heard Rowan's outrageous comment while Kaiden was still trying to catch his breath.

"Rowan...you say the worst things sometimes..." Kaiden managed, scrubbing the back of his hand over his lips while glaring at the other wolf. Rowan wasn't even the least bit guilty, simply shrugging again, "Hey, I'm just saying, they're basically congratulating the couple for having sex in the first place."

"Just...shut up."

"Ouch. Lemme guess, blue balls?" Rowan ducked as a hammer missed him by a hair, snickering to himself at his grumbling best friend. He was only fulfilling his duties as a best friend. Kaiden was only making it more fun by being so prickly about it.

It only lasted three minutes of silence before Rowan opened his mouth to tease Kaiden some more. "So, as I was thinking-"

"Rowan, I'm going to take this log and shove it up your sphincter if you don't shut. UP!" Kaiden snarled viciously, eyes glowing golden as Rowan quickly raised his hands in surrender, an innocent look on his face that was betrayed by the smile that curled his lips.

"Shutting up. You'll hear nothing from me, no sir."

Kaiden narrowed his eyes, feeling a hint of amusement in his chest when Rowan quickly turned around to start working again, this time keeping his lips sealed. A bit of teasing was something that Kaiden could handle with no issue but the darned brat had been at it ever since Kaiden announced the pregnancy.

"Sometimes I wonder why you're my best friend on the first place." Kaiden grumbled to himself, smiling when Rowan barked out a sharp laugh from behind him.

"Hah! Cause I'm the only friend that isn't afraid of kicking your arse in the right direction."

I know its a little short, but I'm tired and honestly not feeling so well. Anyways, this story is slowly coming to a halt, but we still need to find a good name for the new upcoming baby :D