010 | Leo Valdez

x | Leo Valdez 

It's been about, a good four years since you've met the gang. Everyone seemed so, different; but in a good way. But there was one specific person who had caught your eye. Leo Valdez. The 'Super-sized McShizzle', as he likes to be called. You didn't know why he, out of everyone else, had caught your eyes. When you were near him, little butterflies could be felt in your stomach. Just, his personality, and possibly looks, had caught your attention. Despite his height, five foot six. He was adorable, funny, bubbly, everything you ever wanted in a man; except the height, was right here. Sure, Percy and Jason were, also very attractive, but they were only friends. Right now, there was a small meeting, and everyone was gathered together. But later on that day, Leo would do something that he never thought he would do. Get a girlfriend.

- Leo's POV-

After the camp meeting, some groups got together for a little bonfire. The sky was a beautiful shade of orange with purple, blue, and a light shade of pink. It was absolutely beautiful. My small group of friends decided to get together this night, for a bonfire by the beach; so I agreed. I wouldn't mind sitting by the bonfire, with s'mores and hot dogs, that sounded so good. Something in the back of mind made me turn my head slightly to the left, seeing ____ walk out of her cabin. ____. She walked out of Cabin 4, the Cabin of Demeter. Yes, I knew that earth and fire didn't mix well, but I just couldn't help but fall for the nature girl.

My friends; Percy; told me it was a good idea to talk to her, and possibly start something. While Jason, said it was a dangerous idea, 'what if something bad happened.' The blond male told me once. The thought quickly left my head once ___ walked over to me.

"Leo? I need an opinion on this dress.." She mumbled, looking down at the floor as she played with her fingers. She was too. damn. adorable. "M-My opinion?" I repeated, earning a small nod from the girl. "Well, I-I think it looks absolutely good on you!" I placed my hands on my waist, feeling confident. "A-Ah, really?" She smiled, her beautiful ___ colored eyes looking straight into my chocolate colored eyes. The blood must've rushed to my face, cause I was burning red, almost on fire, actually. They were so beautiful, just like her.

"Y-Yes! It looks so good on you, that even Aphrodite is jealous of you." I tried one of my cool pickup lines. She laughed. A small pout formed on my lips, causing the female to reach out and gently kiss my head. "Thank you, Leo. Even though that pickup line wasn't the very best, and totally corny.. it was really sweet of you to compare me to Aphrodite."

Well, that could've gone better, but I need yo get my brain wrapped around this. ___. Just. Kissed. ME. Well, she kissed my forehead, but I'm taking it as a sign! Maybe if I tell Percy, he can help me come up with a plan to have her. He might not be the most romantic person in the world, because that was obviously me; but he could help me. ___ was pretty close to Percy, in fact. They were like two peas in a pod, except I was going to take Percy's spot and become like two peas in a pod with ___. Gods, that sounded gross.

Automatically, I head back into my cabin, maybe I can wear something, decent, at least. Or just a clean shirt.

After some time after gathering my things, leaving my tool belt on my head, along with my gloves and other tools; I stood in front of my mirror. "Man, I look good," making a small 'tss' sound with my tongue. Man, even I'm too good for myself. Someone should contain this fire..

CRAP!

My room was on fire, how could this have happened?! Oh.. I immediately grabbed some water and put the fire out after a couple of minutes. I was gasping rapidly, what would of happened if my place got burned down? After containing myself, and making sure that I wouldn't burn my place down, I grabbed my other belongings and left the cabin. Right on time, ___ walked out in her dress, the dress I called her beautiful in. 'Is she trying to flatter me? Because..' I coughed, 'its working.'