9; breathe

Yoongi invited Hana and Hoseok to join them for the 'slumber party' at school, but they declined the offer with a weird look on their faces.

"Are you crazy?" Hoseok screeched. "With a mom like ours, we wouldn't make a feet from our house after 8,"

•••

Yoongi packed snacks for the night. Namjoon sat on the couch while looking at him.

"Can't believe you're leaving me alone," Namjoon crossed his arms and Yoongi chuckled.

"Call your brother to hang out with you," he shouted as he opened the front door.

"Like Taehyung would come?" Yoongi heard him shout from inside the house.

He met Eunmi at the junction, but she was with an unexpected someone.

"Jimin?" Yoongi said. "Where are your parents?"

"Yah, i'm 16. And i have two old people with me," the shorter male scoffed and swung the bag full of snacks towards Yoongi. "Yah! I'm not old!"

"He wanted to come. 16 year old's lives must be too boring for you, huh?" Eunmi pinched Jimin playfully and he flinched.

"And call me hyung, please," Yoongi coldly said, but Jimin wasn't having any of it. "Ok, mini,"

Yoongi chased Jimin down the walkway, forcing Eunmi to run up to them and catch her breathing. She finally reached them, barely breathing. She had to bend forward and Yoongi was 100% concerned, but he knew Eunmi was strong. The next second, she got up and smiled as if nothing happened.

Yoongi pulled Jimin aside as they were walking. "Hey, does she have asthma or something? This happened to her a month back, and she doesn't take part in PE lessons,"

Jimin stared at him, as if he was hesitant to say something, but he managed to keep a blank face. "or something,"

"What are you guys whispering about," Eunmi questioned and walked at their speed. Yoongi playfully punched Jimin on the arm.

"This brat would not call me hyung, so i'm teaching him a lesson,"

"Try and catch me, old man," With that, Jimin ran down the walkway again and Yoongi chased him too.

Eunmi just laughed at the two bickering boys and strolled down the street while they still argued.

•••

They reached the back of the school, searching for the hole in the fence that allowed them to slip into the school.

Yoongi had explored the school with Eunmi and the twins, and introduced the hole to her. Eunmi didn't seem surprised, as if she knew it was there. But there's always a way to sneak into every school, so what's the surprise?

Jimin went in first and checked if the coast is clear. Eunmi went after that and Yoongi was the last.

"It's stupid that the cctv doesn't operate at night, but good for us, right?"

They decided to camp in the music room, where Yoongi's beloved piano was. He knew the room and all of its details like the back of his room. They put down all of their stuff and it was already 8pm.

"I'm gonna go for a walk," Jimin left the room and left the duo alone.

Eunmi just looked at Yoongi as he prepared his sleeping bag. She tapped her foot, trying to strike up a conversation. An idea popped up in her head. She walked over to Yoongi and pulled him up. Yoongi was startled when she started pulling him towards the piano and sat him down.

"You told me you're not in a club and that you use your time playing the piano. So, show me what you can do," Eunmi seemed excited. Yoongi smiled warmly and placed his finger on a key. He played a song that was well known, so Eunmi caught on, and sang along.

Heogongeul tteodoneun
Jageun meonjicheoreom
Nallineun nuni naramyeon
Jogeum deo ppalli nege
Daheul su isseul tende

Her voice was smooth and it caught Yoongi in surprise.

nunkkochi tteoreojyeoyo
tto jogeumssik meoreojyeoyo
bogo shipda
bogo shipda
bogo shipda
bogo shipda

Yoongi sang with her, and together, their voices filled the air along with the melodious tune.

Yoongi stopped after the verse, and he then noticed how close their faces were. Both of them turned red and looked away. Eunmi chuckled nervously.

"It's a bit funny that we're singing that song during autumn, huh?"

Jimin burst into the room, looking excited. "Guys! I found the school cat and he's so cute!"

This caught Eunmi's attention and she ran off to the direction Jimin pointed to. Yoongi and Jimin giggled softly at the cat lover. The younger male shut the door of the music room. He laid down on his sleeping bag that was kindly prepared by Yoongi and began munching on his chips.

"So, you like her right?" The sudden question caused Yoongi to choke. He slowly turned around to face the beaming brat.

Is it that obvious?

"I saw you guys after you finished the song. I think i just witnessed true love," Jimin snickered and received a pillow smacked to his face.

"It's not like she likes me back," Yoongi sadly said and didn't try to deny it. He loved Eunmi.

"You don't know that,"

He quickly turned his head. You mean there's a chance she might like me back?

"But i wouldn't recommend you being any closer than you are with her right now," Yoongi scrunched up his nose confusedly at this sentence.

"Why not?"

"You mean you don't know?"

"Don't know what?"

Jimin turned away, eyes widened. "Aish! I-it's a little bit hot inside, i-isn't it?"

Yoongi walked up to him and manhandled him.

"Don't know what, Jimin? What is there about Eunmi?" he desperately asked. But Jimin refused to tell him.

"I'm not the right person to tell you!"

"Then who is?"

"Eunmi herself!"

They've been arguing for about 10 minutes when they realized, Eunmi had not come back.

"Where is she? She wouldn't stay out for too long, she's scared of the dark," Jimin asked himself. They got out their torch lights and began searching for the missing girl.

"Let's go to where you saw the cat. She might be there," Yoongi suggested. Jimin didn't budge from where he standing.

"A-ah, you see, t-there wasn't actually a-a cat, i just faked it so i c-could talk to you," Jimin stuttered while putting on a guilty face.

"Aish, this kid, really..."

Yoongi just randomly shone his light into the corridor outside of the first floor classrooms.

And that's when he saw her.

Eunmi was passed out on the floor, not breathing.