19; your thank you's and i love you's

Jimin told Yoongi to read the letter before opening the canvas, and that's what he did.

He left the Park's residence with the envelope and canvas in his hands and said goodbye to Jimin.

He opened the letter and read it out in his mind.

Dear Min Yoongi,

if you're reading this, i'm most definitely dead. I was given a task to write one last letter to whoever i want to before i passed on. funny enough, we were calling when i was writing your letter. remember our 10pm call? hehe

Yoongi stopped in his tracks.

i was trying so hard not to cry, so to not make you worried. and it's weird writing a goodbye letter to someone you were talking to at that moment.

he continued walking, autumn leaves falling. he tugged on his coat. winter winds were coming.

Min Yoongi, i just wanted to say thank you for making my last few months a memorable one. i had not expected to come back to school to meet such a nice and handsome guy, keke. say my thanks to Hana and Hoseok too.

you were special, very special. i don't know why, but i felt connected with you. did you feel the same way? i hope so, or this would be embarrassing.

i was giving up when i came back to school. knowing that i was going to die a few months later, i thought that there was no use living anymore. it was useless.

Yoongi grabbed onto the paper, almost scrunching it.

but then i met you, mini. of all people, i met you. then of course, i met hana and hoseok. but you were the reason i met them as well. you gave me a reason to love, to hope. you gave me a reason to fight. you put me in this struggle that was worth it.

Yoongi smiled a little.

dont forget me, Min Yoongi. you know i'll come back and haunt you, keke:P. i just hope that i've made a difference in your life, like how you did in mine. it's ok if i didn't, i'm already dead anyways.

The male rubbed his forehead and closed his eyes. of course, you made a huge difference. you made me fall in love.

there's just another thing i wanna say. gosh, writing it down is as hard as saying it to you.

Min Yoongi,

mini,

the boy who is afraid of cows,

i love you.

Yoongi stopped again. "She...loves me?" he thought aloud. he grabbed his hair and closed his eyes.

i love you when we first talked

i love you when we were in the detention room

i love you when we were at the cafe with the cute barista

i love you when we were at school at night

i love you when i tutored you

i love you when you were at the hospital by my side

wah, that's a lot of i love yous, don't you think? haha

Yoongi was crying at this point. he sat down on a bench and bend forward. he covered his eyes and tried to lessen the crying sound he was making. he was feeling too emotional.

"mini, why are you crying? the snot is gross, y'know?" he heard a familiar laugh. very familiar.

his head shot up and he looked around. no one was seen. "Great, Min Yoongi. You're hallucinating now,"

he looked back at the letter and began reading again.

please tell hana i'm sorry. i know it was hard for her to see you and me together. her heart would break every time. after all, she loved you with all her heart. you didn't know that, but it's ok. she didn't want to ruin our time. hoseok told me everything. now that i'm gone, please, please, spend more time with her.

sorry that i couldn't spend more time with you. sorry that i beat you up whenever you did something stupid. sorry that i drilled you to do better in your studies.

my sorrys would go on forever, so i'll end it here.

thank you, Min Yoongi.

Yoongi wiped his tears off as he read the last part of the letter.

ps: i'm enclosing this with a gift i did for you. do open it when you're in your bedroom, snuggly seated on your desk chair. goodbye

。。。

Yoongi followed Eunmi's instruction and once he sat down in his bedroom, he began tearing the wrapper off the canvas.

He got a sneak of the colours of orange and brown. he finally tore of the whole wrap

and there revealed them, back view, facing each other sitting on a bench with autumn leaves falling around them.

it reminded Yoongi of the time when they ate coffee buns together on the rooftop garden in the hospital. he traced the painting, careful not to destroy it one bit.

it was beautifully detailed, from Eunmi's freckles to the the veins of the leaves, and everything in between.

people would say that the painting was beautiful,

but yoongi would argue and say that the creator

was the true masterpiece.