13; together

It was a normal day at school, chattering filled the classroom as Yoongi slumped his head on the table, trying to find sleep. Eunmi didn't go to school that day and now there was a empty seat beside him. He prays that it would be temporary, he needed Eunmi's presence again.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and took it out. He smiled at the message he received.

mimi: i want coffee bun

•••

Yoongi climbed the stairs that led to the floor Eunmi's room was at while he held on to the coffee buns. He opened the door to find Eunmi clutching her head hard with a pained expression.

"Are you ok?" Yoongi was filled with concern. Eunmi shot up her head.

"Y-yoongi! I didn't hear you come in!" she stuttered. Yoongi rushed towards her.

"Are you ok?" he repeated

"Apparently, headaches are part of the frustrating symptoms," she laughed out. Yoongi rustled the paper bag of coffee buns in front of her.

"My coffee buns!" she exclaimed. "Can we eat it at the rooftop garden?"

Yoongi frowned. "It's too cold for you, Eunmi. You get sick easily. And you need to climb stairs to get there. You can't do that,"

Eunmi pouted for a second, but smiled mischievously at the next.

"That just leaves us with one other choice, right?"

•••

Eunmi held the paper bag in one hand and held yoongi's shoulder with the other. The male held on tightly to her legs which were wrapped around his waist.

He had piggybacked her, and now they were going up the stairs.

"I'm so sorry if i'm heavy, but you could use some exercise," Eunmi chuckled and Yoongi smiled softly.

"All i'm wondering now is if you eat enough," he mumbled.

she was light.

very light.

He climbed slowly and soon reached the top where the door to the garden was. He opened it and a cool breeze burst in their faces. Yoongi felt Eunmi shiver a bit, so he put her down.

He took out his coat and put it on her and she looked way. Obviously to hide her flushed face.

"Choose your seat," Yoongi says and Eunmi ran off, autumn leaves crunching beneath her feet.

"Yah, no running, you brat!" he shouted and received a laugh from the female herself.

She found a seat she was content with and waited for Yoongi who was strolling towards her.

He looked so photogenic with autumn leaves falling around him at that moment, Eunmi wished she had a camera with her. She mentally took a photo in her mind.

"Sit beside me," she shifted a bit to her left so he could settle down.

She opened the bag of paper buns and gave one to Yoongi.

"No thank you. I bought these for you," he declined but had the bun shoved into his mouth the next second.

"You probably didn't eat after school, school just ended 30 minutes ago and we're already here," she said.

How are you so selfless at a time like this?

What did i do to deserve someone like you?

"Where's the twins?" Eunmi questioned.

"Their mom wanted them to stay at home today. It's chilly this afternoon," he answered and she nodded as response.

"It is getting nearer to winter,"

They ate the buns in silence. After it was finished, Eunmi took her time to look at Yoongi and memorize his features. Yoongi realized this and tried hard not to blush, which made Eunmi blush too. They both became flushed messes.

"S-so, Yoongi. How's s-school?" she tried to break the tension that was happening.

"School's fine. Though, i miss you beside me. I love you beside me, man. Come back sooner, ok?" Yoongi whined like a little child. But Eunmi  was as red as a tomato after his answer.

He loves me??

or am i getting this the wrong way?

She smiled lightly. "I'll try,"

It was a beautiful sight. There was Eunmi and Yoongi, sitting on a bench with the female wrapped around the male's coat. Under the falling autumn leaves, there they were exchanging jokes, ranting and laughing. They didn't want this to end.

But things don't last forever.

Some things are meant to be.