Chapter 21

July 15th 2030

[Angela's P.O.V]

Today is the day, or at least one of the days that Ted, David, and I will be tested. We won't be tested on Dutch History, but we will be tested as to why we are immune. If we can figure out the reason that we are immune, it would probably help with the cure. If we figure out a cure we could save the rest of the world.

The plushness of the bed I was sitting on made me relax and feel like I was at home, even though I was many miles away. Now that I'm thinking about home, my mind is wandering to Connor, Dustin, and Carol, who are infected and probably never to be seen again. Though, hopefully I will be able to see them again, as long as they don't die if the disease mutates again.

A knock on my bedroom door robbed me from my thoughts, and I called out, "Come in." The door slowly opened up and Ted was peeking around the corner. He had some minor bags under his eyes, as though he didn't get much sleep. "Ted how are you?"

He stepped fully from behind the door, and then closed it. "I'm good, tired though. How about yourself?" He walked over to the bed I was sitting in and he sat down next to me.

"Okay. A little nervous about being tested on, but other than that, I'm doing alright. How's David doing?" I responded, looking at him.

"David he's doing alright. He's getting tested right now as we speak." Ted responded.

"Really!? What time is it?" I asked, shocked that David was getting tested at what felt like was very early in the morning.

"It's about ten thirty in the morning." Ted exclaimed. I couldn't believe that it was already past ten in the morning. The jet lag must have really taken a toll on my body.

I groaned and stood up. "Okay Ted, I'm going to get a shower, and I'll meet you in the cafeteria in twenty minutes."

"Alrighty." Ted responded. He stood up and walked out of the room, lightly shutting the door behind him.

I pulled out a simple tank-top and a pair of blue jeans from the black painted dresser on the right side of my twin size bed. I had slept fine even though I was sleeping on a twin bed.

The bathroom of the small sized cream colored bedroom was directly across from the bed. I plodded into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. Then I turned on the shower and it began to fog up the mirror. I then climbed into the shower and ridded myself of the dirt and grime that I accumulated in the apocalypse. It felt unearthly to have a hot shower in the midst of an apocalypse. I wonder how they still have hot water.

After a half-an-hour of a very refreshing and rejuvenating hot shower, I stepped out and put on my clothes. Plugging in the crimson red and oceanic blue colored hair-dryer, I began drying my brunette curls. My hair danced around my face as I waved the hair-dryer around. Once my hair was all dried, I unplugged the hair-dryer and placed it under the sink in the cabinet.

I smiled at myself in the mirror and proceeded out of the bathroom. After I tied my shoes, I walked out of the bedroom, and to the left down the lightly painted beige hallways, following the signs to the cafeteria.

The hallway I was walking down widened a little and then opened up to reveal a large cafeteria with simple white tiled floors and white walls. There were typical tables that you would find in a cafeteria, they had black table-tops and silver seats. I spotted Ted and David sitting at a table at the far end of the cafeteria near the line to get food. Walking over, I couldn't help but smile. It was nice to not be completely alone like I thought I would be after Connor, Dustin, and Carol were robbed from me by the terrible disease we call Bloody Mary. I don't think that they're actually dead, but I may never know the answer to that.