Chapter 28

• Dedicated to Everyone Who Has Read This Story

August 26th 2030

[Angela's P.O.V]

Bacon and eggs was being cooked on the stove as we were just getting started with our day. Connor had just walked down the stairs and greeted me in the kitchen. I gave him a quick kiss, and tended to the breakfast. "Good morning." I smiled.

"Good morning Angela. Breakfast is smelling good." Connor said.

"Yes, it is. When will you be getting home tonight?" I responded.

"Around six p.m. Why?" He asked.

"I just thought that the three of us could go out for dinner tonight. It'd be a welcome treat for you getting a raise, and Dustin starting his sophomore year of high school." I explained.

I divided the breakfast onto the three plates sitting near the stove, and then brought them over to the table. Dustin walked into the kitchen, and sat down. "Good morning mom."

"Good morning. Are you ready for school today?" I asked.

He chuckled hysterically, "No, I am not. The only thing that I'm ready for is Lacrosse practice this afternoon. Most of the team is still on the roster from last year, and a few new people joined. It'll be nice to get back to playing my favorite sport."

"That's cool. When do I have to pick you up this afternoon?"

"Around six. It's kind of a long practice, but I'm sure it'll be enjoyable." Dustin said.

"Okay, that's when your dad gets off, I figured we could go out for dinner." I explained.

"That would be wonderful." Dustin cheered.

The clatter of silverware resonated through the air as we ate the rest of our breakfast. Once it was over, Dustin got on the bus to school, and Connor went to work. That left me to get ready to go to my business that I owned. It was a pastry shop on the south side of Morgansville, and it would be opening at nine a.m, which was in about an hour.

I quickly went upstairs, took a shower, and got dressed in a blue and black dress. The blue was in the middle, on the front and back, in the shape of two triangles put together at the top, and the black was around the blue pattern. I fixed my hair and put it in a low ponytail. Then I put on a pair of two inch black heels.

After I was all gussied up, I walked out to my Chevrolet Luminescence. I pushed the start button, and backed out of the driveway. Then proceeded to my Pastry Shop.

Once I arrived at my pastry shop, I got out of my car, and then unlocked the shop. I prepared the shop, and soon my co-workers, who were also my best friends that wanted to open a pastry shop, arrived. "Good morning Lisa, Rebecca, and Alicia how are you all doing today?" I asked.

"We're doing well." They responded. They were actually triplets, which is kind of cool. I have three friends I own a business with who are triplets.

Our first customer arrived, who had yesterday ordered a dozen croissants. I handed her the box of croissants, and then she left.

The day continued with many customers who were very happy to get their pastries.

--

As the shop began to close, and the last customers left, my phone rang. It only rang for important numbers such as, Carol, Dustin, Connor, Ted, or Dr. Noah. This was probably important. I looked at the Caller I.D and saw that it was Carol.

I answered it and said, "Hello?"

"Hey Angela, it's Carol. I'm on break right now and I figured I'd give you a quick ring. So, how's everything? Are Dustin, and Connor doing well?" She responded.