6

The next morning you woke to find yourself still alone in the bed. Ivan wasn't downstairs, either,which only made you worry more. The house was silent and empty, you felt too sick to eat or do anything other than sit on the step at the front of the house, waiting to see a car drive up the road. You sat there for four hours, yet no car came. You were sat in the chair once again, reading, when you finally heard the door shut. You ran into the hall and sighed with relief when you saw Ivan removing his coat, though he didn't look at you.
"Ivan! Thank goodness! I was so worried, where have you been?" You asked, however he didn't look at you or answer you, he simply walked past you and into the kitchen. "Ivan?" You stood in the doorway as he got a drink of water, sighing as he swallowed. "What is it? What happened?" You noticed his shoulders rising and falling heavily as he breathed, causing you to raise one eyebrow.
"Who is Gilbert?" He asked, your heart rang in your ears and you felt sick and stuck to the spot, unable to answer. After a moment of silence, Ivan turned around and looked at you. His jaw looked tense and his eyes fierce and filled with anger. He threw the glass on the floor and shouted loudly, "who is Gilbert?!" You jumped as he shouted and tried to slow your breathing down.
"I-it's not what you think..." You managed to stammer, Ivan sighed deeply and walked to you, pinning you against the wall as he breathed deeply. You had never seen the angry side of him before and, honestly, it terrified you. "I just met him by accident..."
"How often have you met him?" He asked, you looked down at the floor, feeling dizzy and sick. "How often?!"
"Every now and then. We...only ever met to speak about anything other than the war. We both wanted to escape from it all. I promise, Ivan." You went to take Ivan's hand in yours, however he brought it away sharply and walked away as he ran one hand through his hair.
"Have you had sex with him?" He asked, you sighed and shook your head. "Is that the truth?"
"Of course it is! I agreed to marry you because I love you! We only spoke about music, books, stupid things like that! Ivan, please believe me!" You said back, you walked over to him and held his hands in yours, a little comforted by the fact he didn't bring them away. "I love you."
"Prove it." He replied, his voice was deeper than usual and his eyes still looked a little angry. "Marry me. As soon as we can." You nodded frantically and smiled a little.
"Of course! Of course!" You said, he simply nodded, brought his hands away and left he kitchen. You didn't move until you heard a door slam upstairs, leaving you to lean against the kitchen wall and cry. You cleaned the glass and then had a bath, sighing deeply when you heard Ivan walking downstairs.

You hadn't seen Ivan all evening. You were currently sitting on the bed in your old bedroom, reading, when you heard a knock on the door. As it slowly opened, Ivan appeared and closed it behind him. The two of you were silent for a few moments until he sighed deeply.
"I'm sorry." He said. His voice sounded normal again and he looked like he always did. He sat on the edge of the bed and sighed as he ran one hand through his hair again. "I didn't mean to get so mad or accuse you of that. I should have trusted you."
"No, I'm sorry. I just...wanted to talk to somebody about something other than the war or fighting. I promise that's all we spoke about." You replied, Ivan smiled to you and nodded as he sat in the centre of the bed and opened his arms.
"C'mere." He said as he tapped the space between his legs. You climbed over to him and sat in the space, smiling when he wrapped his arms around you and kissed the top of your hair. "You know, we don't have to get married right away. I know that you..."
"No. I want to." You interrupted him, he looked down at you and smiled gently as he nodded and kissed the top of your hair again. "Can...can I ask you one thing?" Ivan sighed before his arms tightened around you.
"The Italian is okay. Arthur wanted to kill him when he found out it was him who shot you, but when I heard he was sent for me, I stopped him. He's back at the German camp." Ivan told you, you looked up at him and kissed his cheek numerous times, making him laugh. He took hold of your face and kissed you gently, making you smile against his lips as you climbed into his lap fully and wrapped your arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. You moved your lips to his neck and smiled against his skin as he moaned quietly. Ivan kept you on his lap as he stood a little, kicked off his trousers and sat back down on the bed, pushing your night gown up your legs as he kissed you and pushed into you. He moved slowly, kissing your neck, cheeks and jaw as he rolled his hips. You moaned as you buried your head in the crook of his neck, kissing his shoulder as you did. The whole thing made you feel loved-truly loved. A while later, you were both laid in bed when Ivan kissed your neck. "I love you, too." He whispered, making you smile.
~~~1 Month Later~~~
You smiled as you and Ivan left the church, seeing Arthur standing beside you as he cried with Alfred beside him. You turned to look at Ivan and smiled as he leant down to kiss you, feeling him smile against your lips when everybody cheered for you both. When he pulled away from the kiss, he turned to shake Arthur's hand before everybody began to climb in cars to go back to the house. "Are you coming?" Ivan asked, you smiled and said you would be a moment. He simply nodded and smiled as he saw everybody off. You walked around the church and looked at some of the graves, smiling as you read the names and wandered what they were like as people, whether they knew the horrors of war like you were experiencing now. When you felt a hand on the bottom of your back, you turned and smiled to Ivan. However he was looking dead ahead and looked serious. You followed his eyes and gasped when you saw Gilbert standing at the other end of the graveyard, his hands were in the air and he had his gun on top of a grave. Ivan walked ahead of you, you felt frozen to the spot as you watched the two men look at each other for a while, until Ivan held out his hand. Gilbert looked confused before he shook Ivan's hand. You walked over to the two of them and took Ivan's hand.
"What are you doing here?" You asked Gilbert, he smiled to you and handed you a box.
"You look beautiful." He said, you smiled and opened the box, gasping when you saw a silver chain with a red charm on the end. "I hope you don't mind, I wanted her to have it." You looked up at Ivan to see him shake his head before he took the pendant and fasten it around your neck.
"Gilbert, thank you." You said with a smile, he simply smiled back and shook his head.
"Thank you." Gilbert said to Ivan, your husband looked down at the Prussian with a confused expression. "For returning Feliciano alive. He means a lot to someone special to me." You noticed Ivan's shocked expression before he nodded.
"That's alright." Ivan replied, making you smile. "Listen, it would mean a lot to (name)...and...to me, if you'd come back with us. Celebrate for once." You looked up at him with wide eyes and a small smile, as did Gilbert.
"Thank you for the offer, but I think that will only cause more trouble." Gilbert replied, Ivan nodded and shook his hand once again. "Congratulations to you both." You looked up at Ivan and once he nodded, you hugged Gilbert tightly. When he retrieved his gun and walked back into the trees, Ivan let out a deep breath.
"Thank you." You whispered as you took his hand, he looked down at you and smiled before kissed you.

Everybody had left the house late in the evening, you were currently stood with your back against the wall, moaning as Ivan was knelt in front of you, his hands holding your thighs apart hard enough to leave bruises. When you moaned loudly he stood up and smiled down to you as he kissed your neck, making you laugh a little.
"So, Mrs Braginsky," He started, making you smile as he continued to kiss your neck. "how do you feel?"
"Wonderful." You whispered back, he beamed a smile down to you and kissed the bullet wound on your shoulder. "I guess that thing is a blessing in a weird way, huh?" Ivan looked at the wound and smiled gently.
"I guess so. It's just a shame you were hurt." He said, you smiled and took his hand as you led him over to the bed, as you laid down he hovered above you and kissed your throat, making you smile. "You know, I think we should invite Gilbert for dinner." You looked down at him with wide eyes, however Ivan kissed your stomach. You were about to say something to Ivan, however he hooked your legs over his shoulders again and ducked his head under your skirt, causing you to moan loudly and grip onto the bed sheets.
~~~4 Months Later~~~
You stood in the woods, waiting for Gilbert. You received a note from him that morning asking you to meet him in the usual place. You were sat on the ground, playing with a blade of grass as you waited. When you heard a noise up ahead, you looked up and smiled when you saw Gilbert walking forwards with a small smile on his face, you saw somebody walking behind him and you smiled when you saw Feliciano behind him.
"Bella Donna!" He shouted as he ran and hugged you tightly, making you laugh as you hugged him back. "It's wonderful to see you! You look wonderful! Gilbert told me about your wedding! Congratulations!" You took a step back and thanked him as he kissed your cheeks. You moved to stand in front of Gilbert and hugged him, he returned the hug, but it was stiff and unlike him.
"Gilbert? What's wrong?" You asked as you stepped back. He looked over your shoulder, seeing Feliciano was sitting on the floor singing to himself as he started to pick daisies. Gilbert took your hand in his and led you into the trees a little, making you raise one eyebrow.
"You need to keep Ivan away from the barracks." He said, you looked up at him with a confused expression, making him sigh and run one hand through his hair. "I overheard something in the camp... there's a bounty on him." You gasped and went wide eyed as he spoke, dreading the thought of anything happening to him. "I don't know when, just...please, keep him away." You slowly nodded before you hugged him tightly again, this time he hugged you normally.
"Thank you." You told him, he simply nodded and kissed the top of your hair before he took a step back and looked past you again, looking slightly shocked. You turned around and gasped when you saw Ivan standing there, his gun was in his hand, causing you to worry. "Ivan? What's going on?"
"You bastards." He spat out through clenched teeth, you went wide eyed and ran over to him when he raised his gun to Gilbert, who instantly pulled his from his belt and aimed it back at the Russian. You stood between the two men-both guns pointed at you- as Feliciano standing behind Ivan.
"What's going on?" You asked again, Ivan's eyes didn't look at you, but instead stayed glued on Gilbert.
"It's already happened?" Gilbert asked, Ivan stayed silent as he slowly nodded. You looked at the Prussian, before looking back at Ivan to see him breathing deeply through his nostrils. You put one hand on his gun and slowly moved it down, turning to Gilbert and nodding to him to do the same.
"Your brother's plan failed. He didn't hit me, he hit another soldier. A good one, I feel I should tell you. He was only young. I have to send a letter to his Mother telling her that her boy has been killed by some German scum." You gasped when Ivan spoke wandering who was hit instead of him. Gilbert raised his gun again.
"Watch what you're saying! I came here to tell your wife that someone was going to try shoot you! I told her to keep you safe!" Ivan looked down at you and you slowly nodded. He lowered his gun once again, as did Gilbert.
"Gilbert, I think you should take Feliciano back to the camp." You told him, he nodded and walked to you to hug you tightly and pressed a kiss to your hair. You heard Ivan move forward as Gilbert stepped back.
"Watch what you're doing." Ivan warned as he stood face to face with Gilbert, you sighed deeply and said goodbye to Feliciano before you quickly walked back to the house, finding Ivan's car outside you climbed inside and drove to the barracks.