Theories and Fights

"We'll stay and watch the door, you guys go," Nate suggests. He and Matt stand near the door while you, Mark, and Sean run down the steps. Void is struggling to get up. "Stay down, Void," Mark says, pulling out a gun. You and the rest of the guys had each picked up a gun and some other weapons. You are surprised at how calm Mark's voice is.

"What have you done?" Void forced out. Her voice is weak and hoarse. You and Sean pull out your guns as well. "You had a choice. You could have come with us. But you turned away," you say. She looked up at you. "You don't understand!" She yells. "Did you really think that you could stop them this way?"

Your eyes move to Sean. You both look a little guilty and unsure. Sean nods to signal that you need to say something. "What do you mean?" You ask. "They're ready," Void insists. "And they are going to attack. Not just you, but everyone. And now, look at me. You could have used me. But now it's too late." You scoff and shake your head. "You don't get it do you?" You say. "We know we could have used you. But you said no."

"I didn't have a choice!" Void tried to yell again, but she's struggling for air. "You know how they are; if you didn't kill me, they would have." Void stops talking now and rests her head on the floor. "Void--" Sean starts, but she cuts him off with, "It's too late now. Go while you still have the chance."

With that, Void closes her eyes. You look at the other guys. Nate and Matt watch from above. Suddenly, Void's body glows an extremely bright blue. A few rays emit from her. Confused and slightly shocked, you take a couple of steps back. Mark and Sean do the same. After a few seconds of that, a minor explosion occurs, causing all of you to sheild your eyes. Pixels burst from the explosion.

When you look back, Void's body is gone, and blue pixels are in her place. They disappear after a couple of seconds. You stare in shock at the place where she once was. Matt and Nate walk over to the group. You and the guys say nothing for a couple of minutes. Then Nate asks, "What happened?" You hesitate for a second, then answer, "She died."

"Just like that?" He asks. Now feeling a little uneasy, you look at Matt. "It actually worked," he breathes. "I wasn't sure before, but now--" he shakes his head in disbelief. You turn to Mark and Sean, and ask, "Will it work on the others?" They look at each other, then the ground where Void's body used to be. "I don't know," Mark finally admits.

"She was different," Sean adds, "she wasn't made by the fandom." Then an idea comes to you. "What if they knew this would happen?" You say. All eyes are turned to you. "What do you mean?" Mark asks. "Think about it," you say. "You said yourself, she's different. What if this was the one thing that could have stopped her? And what if they were keeping it for a reason?"

Sean's eyebrows furrow together, and Mark crosses his arms. Matt stares at the ground as if he's thinking hard. Nate watches you intently. "If they were going to get hurt from the formula, why would they keep it?" You ask. "And did you see the marks on her arms? Maybe they were planning to get rid of her when they were done with us."

Everyone is silent for a minute. Then Matt speaks up, "But then, why was Anti wearing a glove?" "It could have been a different injury," you answer. "Or maybe you were right and this will effect all of them. I don't know anymore than you do."

"Very good," Sean says. You look up at him, a bit surprised. But as he looks back at you, his face displays utter shock. It is only then, that all of you turn towards the balcony. What you saw sent butterflies into your stomach that made you want to puke. It wasn't Sean who had spoken. It was Anti.

"Well, (y/n). I hate to say it, but you were on the right track," he grins. "You planned this?" Sean yells. "Something like that," Anti says. "But unfortunately for you, and for Void, it's too late. Get 'em." He commands Natemare and Dark.

The lights go out again, and all you see is darkness. But you are not about to go down again without a fight. You feel hands on your waist. Grabbing at both of them, you hold the person's fingers tight and squeeze. That only gets you ashove to the floor, but at least they let go. Someone grabs you by the back of your shirt, but you are quick. You guess, and launch yourself at the person's arm and hang on with all your weight.

Judging by the grunts and other noises you were hearing, the guys had the same idea as you. The sound of fists punching against skin makes you wonder who is winning. You are about to call out, when you feel fingers against the pressure point on your neck. You try to wrestle whoever it is away, but eventually, you fall to the floor and lose consciousness.