Chapter 38 - I told her

Chapter 38:

I drag my tired body to the door when I hear a rough knock on the other side. I was restless all night worrying about Harry. I know I shouldn’t and I know he is fine but with everything that Evan said and the fact that he had to stay over time leaving me and my many questions to be asked later, provoked my mind to wonder.

“Hi.” He smirks taking in my tired eyes.

“Hi.” I groan.

“You sure you don’t want to just stay home?”

“No, I have to go. I’ll eventually wake up.”

He chuckles and leads me out the door. Before Harry dropped me off he bought me a cup of coffee to help wake me up.

“I’ll pick you up right here at 2.” He whispers looking down at me. The space between us is slim and is only there because of the warm coffee in my hands.

“Okay.” I nod giving him a smile.

“I love you. Have a good day.” He places a kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes and try to take in as much of this moment as I can. His lips are incredibly warm and soft. I can feel my whole body warm up just by his touch.

“I love you too.” I lean up and kiss him on the lips that were just on my forehead seconds ago. He attempts to deepen the kiss but I lightly push him away. “Harry I’m going to be late.”

“Okay.” He sighs. “Later.” He winks. He watches me walk into the school before he gets into his car and leaves.

Harry’s POV:

When the elevator dings on the second floor I am taken back when Evan steps on.

“Harry.” He nods. And I nod back. I don’t really care to speak to this ass. “Where were you yesterday?” He fiddles with something in his pocket as he talks. He eyes are glued to the object he pulls out. It’s his cell phone.

“What are you talking about?” I can feel my brow furrow.

“Did you just fuck her then leave, or did you have another girl waiting?” He chuckles.

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. Amelia and I had coffee yesterday. Where were you?”

“Why were you with Amelia?” I say through my teeth.

“I believe it is only fair that you answer my question before I start to answer yours. Where were you Harry? Were you out fucking another girl, or were you killing another man?”

“I was at work.” My whole body is tense now.

“Ah, so the second one.”

I swear I am about to slam this guy’s head into the wall. But before I do, I want a little more information.

“Why were you with Amelia?” I repeat.

“I asked her to meet me for coffee. We had a wonderful discussion, about you.”

My fist clenches and he takes notice. “What about me?”

“First I told her about your job, but it seems like she already knew that bit of information. Getting to know each other are we Harry? So you’re not just banging her, you’re getting close. Tell me Harry, you didn’t tell her much else did you? Because when I brought up your childhood she seemed a little, gob smacked.”

“I swear to fucking god Evan-”

“Oh, Harry, don’t worry, I kept the gruesome details to myself. But I did inform her about the institution.” He chuckles again. “Tell me, did you just tell her a small detail of your life so she would open up to you and you would get into her pants? Was it good? Fucking her, how did she feel?”

My blood is boiling and all I see is red when I take the shit bastard by his collar and shove him up against the wall. “Talk about her that way one more fucking time!” I scream.

“I just wanted to know, so I could get an idea of what to expect.” His smirk is sickly.

That is when I lose it. My fist connects with his jaw making a sharp crackling noise and he falls to the floor. Weak fuck. Before I can hit him once more, the elevator doors slide open revealing Louis’ face followed by his lean figure.

“Fuck Harry.” He says looking at Evan then at me. My breathing is heavy and I have a small trace of blood on my knuckles.