Chapter 49 - Christmas Eve

Chapter 49:

“I know it is tomorrow but would you like to spend Christmas with Louis and me? We aren’t leaving to see our families until the day after. So if you’d like to stay-”

“No, no. It’s alright. I don’t want to be a burden.”

“Amelia, you are not a burden.” She states resting her hand on her hip. “We would love to have you, and I really don’t think you should be alone right now. Your families back in America and with all the stuff you’re going through, I insist you come stay with us.”

“I’ll be fine, don’t worry. I’ll just stay home and work on my writing project that is due when the break ends.”

“Okay.” She sighs in defeat. “But if you need anything just call me. I’m serious, anything.”

“Okay.” I laugh. “I will.”

With one last hug I watch Eleanor walk down the hallway and enter the elevator disappearing from sight. Out of habit I turn my attention towards the other end of the hallway. Harry’s apartment still seeming as lifeless as ever.

“Your friend is very pretty.”

I snap my head back and find just who I didn’t want to see, Evan. I scoff his way. I don’t care to talk, nor do I care to listen. I just roll my eyes and shut the door behind me. At least the door gives me some sort of protection from him. I doubt he would do anything, but I don’t want to test that theory.