1 - DRAFT TWO

1
➸➸➸

It didn't feel right.

As her hands were climbing up my clammy back, rustling the thin fabric of my cotton shirt, the only thing running through my mind was regret.

But I didn't stop her.

I let her slide my shirt over my head. I watched her uneasily as she unhooked her bra. I let her push me down onto her bed. I let her take control of my body.

"Lucy, I'm home!" I called out, slamming the door closed as I entered. The small thud shook the entire doorframe violently, the sound echoing through the room. The empty air of our apartment was chilled from the dampness outside, a reminder of where I had just come from. My throat closed up with the memory of Emma running her hands along my chest, but I suppressed my guilt and replaced it with a carefree smile.

"It's still not funny. My name's not even Lucy," she scoffed, poking her head out of our bedroom with a deadened glare. I chuckled at her expression as I walked into our kitchen grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"I think it's hilarious, babe," I laughed, gulping down half of the water from the bottle, crinkling the plastic under my hands. It did nothing to ease the dry shame crawling up my throat, waiting to spill into reality.

"Whatever," she smiled, stumbling out of our room while trying to stick earrings into her ears. She grabbed the wall for stability, throwing me a sheepish smile. "I'm going to an art gallery with Caroline. I'll be back around two."

"Oh thank goodness you convinced her to join you," I breathed out with a feigned relief.

Mock hurt filtered through her face, and even though I knew it wasn't real, it sent a deep pang through my heart.

"Babe, you know I was joking," I told her, leaning forward to kiss her head gently. My lips felt dirty against her innocent skin: cracked and broken instead of soft and pure. I fell against our sofa, the bottle still wrapped securely in my hand. "If you need anything, just call."

"Of course. I have a feeling Caroline'll get drunk in the first few minutes anyway, so I might just have Deven pick her up," she explained, slipping on her black stilettos. A few minutes later, she walked back to where I was then lounged, in between our artfully chosen throw pillows and our Harry Potter themed throws, on our large black couch.

"See you later," she smiled, leaning down to peck my lips. My body craved for more of her touch, but I knew she had to leave. "I think there's something edible in the fridge."

With another quick parting, she locked the apartment door, leaving me alone for the tenth night in a row. The loneliness suffocated me then, the hollowness around me unbearable. As I sunk into a pillow, I heard the familiar chime of my phone, a shallow lifeline for my desperation.

Emma
10:45 P.M.
hey bby

Emma
10:49 P.M.
i'm feeling lonely tonight

Emma
10:55 P.M.
wanna change that?

Jake
11:38 P.M.
yeah, i do

My fingers drummed impatiently against the cold leather of the steering wheel, as my eyes searched for her familiar headlights. They soon lit up the shaded alley in which I was parked, the rumbling of the engine sending a tensed anticipation through my veins. Her familiar figure stepped out from the car with ease, her silhouette lit up from the brightness echoing from her headlights. I got out of my own car, leaving the car running, akin to hers, parked directly in front of mine. Her face illuminated as she came closer, a sexy smile poised upon her red lips. Her eyes were a vulture's; I was the abandoned carcass she was waiting to feed on.

"Hey, baby," she called out, in a slow, husky voice. Her skirt had been hiked up to show me a flash of black lace underneath, just the right amount of seduction to push all guilt aside and surrender myself wholly to my desires.

It was then I gave up all efforts of moral vindication, and closed the space between our electrified bodies.

I crashed my hungry lips against hers, my arms reaching up to press her body tightly against mine. The cold air nipped at my exposed skin, but as her warm fingers trailed upwards, the thought of comfort escaped my uninhibited mind. My fingers, continuing to caress her soft skin, turned cold as the night enveloped us, and I could feel hesitation seep through my veins. It was almost as if she had noticed the change, because as we stumbled backwards, she pressed me up against my car, her kisses becoming more desperate.

As her intensity increased, however, the guilt rose up in my throat, and I broke away from her. I looked into her icy blue eyes and brushed away some of her unkempt hair, inhaling deeply. And, as reality caught up with me, I withdrew my hands from her chest and settled them lightly on her waist.

"We shouldn't be doing this," I breathed out heavily.

"That's half of the fun," she grinned, pulling on my belt loop.

"I don't think I should do this," I shook my head, taking a step back from her. She pouted for a moment, before tugging me closer again, this time more forcefully. Her hand led mine to cup around her thigh, as she met my eyes with a ferociously unforgiving gaze.

"But here we are," she whispered in my ear, sliding her hand down to my crotch, "doing it."

(small author's note)
Sorry it took me so long to update: I really wanted to get this chapter as close to perfection as I possibly could (with that said, if you notice any striking mistakes, let me know). I really hope you guys like this version of He's a Cheater, as much, if not more so, than the previous version. Thank you for reading, and don't forget to comment and vote!