1. mary

heyyyy everyone!!!! WE REACHED 1.5 K VOTES!!! I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but to me it means everything. Thank you so much :)))). As a special Surprise, I wanted to give you guys a little insight into Mary's life after she broke up with Jake. I hope you guys enjoy (and if you do please comment, vote, and share the story)!!!
➸➸➸

It was my first day back in my home city, and I was already running late. I was supposed to be at the gallery by seven, but between the dysfunctional subway system and conglomerating foot traffic, it was already fifteen minutes past the time I should've been there.

Oops?

I pushed past a couple more people as I tried to claw my way to the appropriate street, earning none of the nasty glares I had come to expect from my sojourns in Europe. Damn, how I missed New Yorkers.

I was a few feet away from the entrance of my location when I nearly faceplanted into the cement beneath me.

"Shit. Sorry," I heard a deep mutter, as I managed to find my stability again.

"It's cool," my voice rung out, caught between angry honks (of people and cars alike) and the buzz of conversation. I managed to find his face even in my flurry of rushed motions, my eyes following the soft edges of his black hair to his defined jawline dotted with stubble. I was staring. I needed to stop staring.

"The name's Alexander Windsor, if you were wondering," he offered up, and even though I knew the seconds I was wasting with him were turning into long minutes, I couldn't help but stay.

"Mine is Mary Williams. Not nearly as beautiful as yours," I laughed, stray pedestrians pushing my body closer to Alexander's.

"It's okay. You make up for it." It took me a moment to realize what he meant, but once it struck me that he was complimenting me, red littered across my cheeks.

"Thank you. You're not to shabby yourself," I smirked, watching a cocky grin light up his face.

"Want to grab coffee?" he suggested, and I almost found myself saying yes, even though I was already more than a couple minutes late to my commitment.

"I wish. I'm actually already late for an appointment," I sighed, pursing my lips as I slipped my phone out. "Trade numbers?"

"I'd love to," he answered, a chuckled ending his words with a soft melodic sound. He pressed his phone into my hand and took mine into his, and with the quick swipe of a few numbers he and I were perpetually linked. That is, until one of us deleted each other's contact. Or broke our phone. Or —

"I'll see you around," he smiled, a wide hopeful grin that brightened the blue of his eyes, "Mary."

"I hope so, Alexander." We parted ways, and it was then I realized how long our encounter had actually taken and that I was incredibly late now. I rushed into the gallery quickly, preparing an apologetic smile on my face for the client I was supposed to meet. I hadn't even reached inside the assigned room before my phone rung, it's shrill voice cutting through the silence in the gallery.

Alex ;)
dinner tonight?

I responded, knowing whoever was waiting for me was probably seething by now.

Mary
i'd like that

I finally entered the room I was supposed to an entire 21 minutes ago, pocketing my now silenced phone. An immaculate woman was seated on the newly purchased leather seat, her foot shifting with a called-for impatience.

"Hello, I'm terribly sorry I'm this late," I called out, closing the door behind me quietly. I stuck out a welcoming hand, paired with an equally welcoming smile, introducing myself: "I'm Mary Williams."

"No worries, I wasn't waiting long," she replied, her lips curling to reveal a set of perfect teeth. "I'm Vera Windsor."

"Windsor?" I paused, my eyes noticing the similar facial structure and blue eyes of Vera and Alexander. "I think I just met your brother outside."

"Alexander? What a coincidence," she laughed, and it was infectious enough to convince me to join within seconds.