Chapter 7 : Kiss of Love

Sharon was discharged from the hospital and she was taken to Rey's house to collect her stuff as she had been living there for past 2 yrs.

In Sharon's room:

Sharon was packing her stuff while Rey stood in one corner looking at her.

Rey : Sharon

Sharon : Hmm

Rey : Can I ask you something?

Sharon : I know what you want to ask Rey and my answer is yes. Yes, I still love him and I will continue loving him till my last breathe.

Rey : Then, why are you leaving him and going Sharon?

Sharon : He left me 2 yrs back Rey. I still remember the day he told me that everything was over between us. He said he had decided to move on in life and when he find the right person, he will give her a chance and move on in life. I am sure that he would have found that girl in the last 2 yrs.

Rey : But Sharon, he came back and stood by you to get you back to normal life.

Sharon : I know that. It's was his guilt that made him do that. He felt responsible for my condition. Don't misunderstand his guilt as his love. Please ask him not to feel guilty about anything that happened in my life because I am the only one responsible for my life. I am thankful to him for helping me in time of need. He should just leave his past behind and move ahead.

Rey : But you still love him.

Sharon : Yes, I do. And my love for him is enough for me to survive my entire life. There is no one in this world who can take his place in my life. He will always remain my first and last love. I just wish him to be happy whoever he is with.

Rey was surprised and happy to see this mature side of Sharon. He was not sure how to make her understand that Swayam still loved her a lot.

Meanwhile, Swayam had decided to talk to Sharon once before she left for Delhi. As he was about to enter the room, he heard his name being mentioned by Rey. He decided to stand outside and hear their conversation. He was happy to hear Sharon's confession of love but was disheartened when he heard her say that he was misinterpreting his guilt as his love and that he actually does not love her. He could no longer stand there listening to the conversation and just walks away from there.

Rey decides to drop Sharon home after she was done packing. Sharon hugs Kriya and says her goodbye.

Sharon : Bye Kriya.

Kriya : Bye Sharon. Take care and come back soon.

Sharon : I will miss you.

Kriya : Miss you too.

Kriya could not see Sharon leaving and rushes inside to avoid crying before her. Kriya goes to Sharon's room and was surprised to see Swayam standing there. He was holding a jacket that Sharon had left behind and  crying his heart out.

Kriya : Swayam

Swayam : Kriya, I lost her. I lost my Sharon once again. I pushed her away so much that she no longer trusts my love.

Kriya : Swayam, I can understand your pain because I have gone through the pain of losing a loved one. Please tell me what can I do to reduce your pain.

Swayam : Kriya, you are my bestfriend, please help me.

Swayam holds Kriya's hands and place it on his neck.

Kriya : What are you doing Swayam?

Swayam : Please kill me Kriya. Death is so much better than life without Sharon. It's true that I left her and went to London 2 yrs back. But there wasn't a single day when I didn't miss her. I had everything in my life but I still felt empty because I had left my life back in Mumbai.

Kriya : If you loved her so much, why did you leave her?

Swayam : I left her because I thought she didn't love me and I was forcing my love on her. Even though she tried to tell me that she loves me a lot, I didn't listen to her. Now she does not believe in my love because she thinks that I am doing everything because of my guilt.  Now , I understand what she went through when I denied her love.

Kriya looked at her best friend helplessly as he sat there with his head bowed down and tears coming from his eyes non stop.

Swayam : Kriya, I will not be able to live if she leaves me again. I will die...

Before he could complete the sentence, he felt someone's hand covering his mouth. He rises his head up and was surprised to see the person standing before him.

Swayam : Sharon

Sharon had forgotten her jacket in her room and she asks Rey to wait while she go and get her jacket. As she was about to enter the room, she heard someone talking from inside. As he continued speaking, Sharon realized that the person was none other than Swayam. She peeped into the room and was shocked to see a heart broken Swayam sitting on the floor and crying his heart out. On hearing closely, she heard him confess his love for her. He was begging for death as he could not live without her. Sharon could no longer stand there looking at Swayam's condition and she rushes into the room and kneels before Swayam.

Swayam and Sharon sat before each other with tears in their eyes.

Sharon : Don't you dare Swayam , don't you dare talk about your death ever again.

Swayam : Why shouldn't I Sharon? You are leaving me and going. Death is better than life without you.

Sharon : Swayam, please don't say that.

Swayam : If you leave me and go this time, I promise you that you will not see me again.

Sharon : Swayam.... I said don't say that again.

Swayam : I will. I....

Before Swayam could say anything further, Sharon holds Swayam by his collar and pulls him towards her. She then places her lips on his lips and starts to kiss him.

Swayam did not respond in the beginning as he was in shock but as she deepened the kiss, he also starts to respond. Finally, they broke the kiss after what seemed to be an eternity as they were short of breathe.

Swayam looks at Sharon as she stood before him with her head bowed down. A smile appeared on his face as he remembered the kiss they shared a few moments back.

Swayam: Sharon

Sharon : Hmm

Swayam : Sharon, please look at me.

Sharon rises her head and looks at him.

Swayam : If this is the way, you are going to silence me every time I say any nonsense, I am ready to say nonsense my whole life.

Sharon blushes on hearing this comment and starts to go away from there. But Swayam catches hold of her hand and pulls her towards him. He engulfs her in his arms and holds her tight , never to let go.

Swayam : I love you Sharon. Please don't leave me again.

Sharon : I love you too Swayam. I will never let you go away from me again.

Swayam : Promise?

Sharon : Promise

That day, two broken hearts were mended by their kiss of love.