CHAPTER SEVEN: PENELOPE

I was sitting in the shower, combing my fingers through my hair when Persephone's loud voice filled the bedroom. I groaned and turned off the water, drying my body as fast as I could. I wrapped the fluffy towel around my body and stepped out of the bathroom to see Persephone, Leo, and Charon dragging an unconscious Apollo into the room.

"What the hell?" I cried, putting my hands on my hips. Persephone waved at me.

"Nice to see you're awake. Lover boy here just hit his head and knocked himself out about twenty minutes ago. He's a clumsy thing, this kid." She shook her head. "We'll be out of your hair in a minute. Just gonna tuck him into bed. He should wake up any minute."

I sat on my side of the bed, gripping the towel tightly. Leo and Charon were out in the hallway, both sporting smirks. "Is this normal?"

"All the time!" Persephone brushed Apollo's curls off his forehead and my wolf Nova growled possessively. "Alright, he's all yours. Have fun in here for the next ten hours!" She blew me a kiss and slammed the door, the lock clicking behind her.

"PERSEPHONE!" I screamed, running to the door. Apollo's lock was backwards, specifically so you could lock it from the outside. It made me wonder what kind of past he was hiding. "OPEN THE DOOR!" I held my towel in one hand and pounded on the door with the other.

"Jesus, shut up." I shrieked as Apollo sat up, holding his head. "Persephone drugged me again." He groaned, curling up in the blankets.

"This has happened before?!" I cried, briskly making my way towards the bed. Apollo nodded, closing his eyes.

"My vision is really blurry, so please tell me who you are." He murmured, looking at me with one eye. I reached out one hand and placed it on his arm. A sharp tingling sensation shot up my spine, making Nova yip in pleasure. Apollo's lips parted and he sat up, reaching for me. "Mate." He said, his voice firm.

The word passing his lips made me gasp. I had never known how wonderful it felt to have your mate acknowledge your touch. "Apollo..." I said slowly, brushing his curls off his face. "Do you feel alright? Are you sick?"

"I'm going to be the Alpha. I don't get sick." He mumbled, intertwining our fingers. I swallowed my fear of him and reminded myself that he was drugged. "Persephone just put me to sleep."

"Your forehead is warm." I gently pressed our joined hands to his forehead and sighed. "Are you sure?"

"Maybe I'm just going through heat." Apollo smirked at me. "You never know."

I blushed fiercely. "D-Do boys go through h-heat?" I stuttered, releasing his hand as my palms began to sweat.

"Mhmm." Apollo winked. "It's just tamer. And most people assume that boys are horny, so heat just seems normal." He smiled. "Your stutter is adorable."

I stood up and tightened my grip on my towel. "I-I'm gonna go get changed. I'll b-be right back." I grabbed the clothes Persephone had allowed me to borrow and scurried back into the bathroom.

I practically jumped into my clothes, my body warm with either embarrassment or mild attraction. I silently thanked Persephone that she had given me a large gray shirt and black joggers and not something small or sexy.

"Apollo, are you still good?" I asked as I walked back into the bedroom. He glanced over at me and gave me a thumbs up. I sat down on the bed and fiddled with the ties on my joggers. "W-Why did Persephone lock us in here?"