Chapter 20.

"Actions are the seeds of fate deeds
grow into destiny.
  *----------------*

The illuminating sun rays fell on her, urging her to wake up from the deadly experience of the earlier night. Samara slowly blinked her eyes open, unsure of her surroundings. Her sight greeted the green woods that was brightened up with the flawless rays of the sun. As her vision cleared and the actualization of her situation dawned on her, she sat upright frantically looking about her. After fumbling for a bit, she finally managed to stand on her knees.

Her heart had again picked up its pace and she found herself breathing heavily, straining to keep up with it. As her knees settled firmly on the ground, she looked around the forest as the images of last night started flooding her memory. The trees stood proudly rooted in its place and the sun was streaming down offering them life. There was not a soul in sight. She turned her head around trying to catch a glimpse of any human figure, but the forest appeared dead. Not even the cry of an animal could be heard. It was silent enough to drive one insane. The paths stretched out lonely and dark. Samara shuddered as a shiver ran down her spine. Was it a nightmare? Was there a little girl who turned into a monster in the blink of an eye?

Her throat went dry and her mind confused. She wasn’t able to decipher the scenes from last night. Whether it was her imagination or not, she didn’t know. There was no way to confirm her doubts. But she knew one thing for sure- She was lost. Lost in that hell of a place.

For the first time in her life, she gave importance to someone’s words…

"Damn it! I must've listened to him," she muttered under her breath, getting up from her position and brushing the dust off her clothes with her hands.

Although the forest looked better than the previous night, it was still creepy as hell.
She decided to turn back and retrace her path back to the tent but lost that hope when she turned around. She had no idea which way to go. It was all a confusion. All the tracks looked familiar yet new. Any of those paths could lead to her tent or further away from it. The thought of getting lost far deep in the forest scared her. But she knew she had to move forward. Perplexed, Samara decided to move on without turning back. She didn’t have another choice.

As she started moving, she started to feel a sudden heaviness. Not the usual one, but a rather weird kind. She felt heavy all over her body, especially on her back, as if she was carrying a huge weight on her shoulder. She shook her head, ignoring it to be the trip bag, as she adjusted it a little. But little did she know what the real truth held.

A/N; and the truth is when you go to that forest and stay there for a while, you feel heaviness in your body. Just like someone's sitting on you. And, according to the myth, it is true. The Yurei or the ghosts of the dead sit on you while you continue to move. They sense all your fear and the weakness and make you feel sad, so sad that you actually decide to commit suicide. 😓😓😓😓

Once you commit suicide, they take away your soul as a sacrifice.

In this case, there was a ghost sitting on Samara's back 🙄🙄 it’s actually acting as a pest and she's the host. It's feeding on her... 😓😓🙄
That sounds scary.

Ok!!! Once again, I'll shut up!

Samara started to walk as she believed that one or the other direction could lead her back to the tent. But deep in her heart, she seemed to have a gnawing feeling that the truth was far from what she wanted to let herself believe. Not letting the thoughts gain surface, she started walking, cautiously looking around her surroundings.

                              *********

Samara trudged forward, taking turns after turns, praying deep in her heart for at least one of them to lead her back to the tent. 
But her prayers were left unanswered. Her hopes began to waver just as the uneven ways that wounded deep in the forest.

Samara........ Samara....... --------

Her feet froze when she heard her name whispered in the thin air. She turned back slowly but found no one there. The spot was lonely as it was. She stood still for a moment, not turning her head back. When no other sound made its way to her, she sighed turning her head to move forward. But no sooner her eyes turned front, she froze before letting out a piercing scream. Right before her eyes was a dead body… hanging from a sturdy branch of the tree. 
It was decayed and partially bleeding and smelled terrible. She could see the torn tissues hanging loosely from its body where the tension was rough.

Her scream was filled with fear, disgust, and sadness. She took a step back and started to run the other way, shouting, hoping that someone could hear her. Her breath came out ragged as her mind rushed in every direction.

As she rushed through the wood, she stumbled again and again, but her feet didn’t allow her to stop. Though her legs hurt, she kept on running.
Her back started to pain due to the heaviness of the backpack, but she didn’t dare to stop.
As she ran and ran out of that place, the forest turned more confusing. The path looked familiar and unfamiliar at the same time. The long trees seemed to wave her life a goodbye. She had a huge pit in her stomach that reminded her of the emptiness around her. 
She started to panic. She didn't know what to do. Her body started to ache more and she had nowhere to escape. Her feet came to a stop.
She stood there silently for a while, but her heart jumped off the boundaries when she heard a voice behind her.

"Samara........."

She didn't turn back cause she already knew that voice. It was Sally's.

                           ************

"Oh, shit!!!! What the freak!!!!!!” Stephen muttered as entered inside the tent only to find it cold and empty.

                             ************
A/N;

Hey there reader! Thanks for your support. If you like this story, please vote and show your support. 
And do you know what! You are great! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
And you know why? 👀🙄🙄🙄🙄

Because you are showing your support to an undiscovered writer!!!!!!!
Kudos!!!!!

Showing support for me may not make a lot of matter for people, but for me, it means a world of difference.

Thanks once again for your love and support.