Chapter 24.

"Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be."
*------------*

Samara's eyes filled with tears, as the memories came rushing back to her. They were painful. For years she had tried to get rid of them. Not letting them affect her life, but now it was back once again. They were everlasting, creeping up again when you want to get rid of them.

Leaves of memories make a mournful rustle in the dark...

As the clouds of despair thickened she realized the bitter truth- it wasn’t her sister who faced that grief, she was the one who saw it unfold before her very eyes. It was not Grace who is fond of photography, it was her and it was not Grace who captured those pictures but it was herself.

Samara felt her legs freeze and she fell down on her knees. Her cries escaping her lips in loud howls. Covering her face with her palms, she let go of her grief…her pain. She was recovering from the effect when the noises returned, spreading in all directions, echoing around the forest, reaching out to grab her.

The curse lasts until the end of time---

Samara was scared. Her heart felt heavy, picking up its pace. She looked around frantically. Yes, the curse turned out to be the truth. Her vision became blurred, as the tears made its way out again.

You are cursed ----

Samara could hear the voices in her head, again and again. She felt like an outcast. A person to be discarded away for good.

Samara----

She heard Sally’s voice once again. Her eyes on the ground, she couldn’t bring it in her to lift her head. To face the curse, she was bound to bear.

“Go away from me!” her voice cracked.

Samara... Look at this---

Sally’s croaking voice made a shiver run down her spine. She didn’t want to know what Sally wanted her to see. But, the stillness of the wind and the presence of dark souls got the better of her. Slowly, Samara lifted her head, her eyes making its way to Sally’s face but before it could reach its destination, a dead body hanging by the side sought her attention.

Samara froze. She felt faint from shock. She opened her mouth to take in the air. Blinking her eyes while her voice tried to make its presence.

“Grace!” She, at last, managed to speak out, recognizing the body a few feet away.

Grace’s lifeless body lay hanging from a tree. Her partially decomposed body smelled of dead meat. The rope around her neck suck deep, the tightness clotting her air supply. The branch swung in the wind that didn’t seem to exist.

Samara couldn’t move. Sally’s presence a long gone thought, the whispering of branches no longer bothering her. She just stared at her sister’s corpse in horror.

A few moments later, the swinging branch gave way. Grace’s body slumped to the ground. The dust blinding Samara’s vision.

“GRACE!!” She screamed, scared that a fall would hurt her sister’s motionless carcass.

An eerie silence followed the dust taking longer to settle. As the nature set, Grace’s body had disappeared.

Samara stumbled to her feet, rushing to the place she saw the body fall. She called out her name for a million times but there was no response. 

To her vision, she could only see the Dead. She could hear them. She could feel them. The feeling of life left her a long time back. Sally had destroyed her life, the moment she set her foot in.

The pain of Grace's absence was killing her soul. She regretted her past. She could have stopped this. If only she would have obeyed Sally, her sister would have been safe. She started to walk hopelessly, lost in her grief towards the infinity. She didn't know what to do anymore. She let her feet take her on.

Her mindless thoughts took her back to her past, once again. Once again in the past of suffering….

 ************

A/N;

Hey there! Once again, it's me!

Please do vote and comment if you like the story!

Constructive criticism is always appreciated!