Four

Taehyung

I stood up and looked through the door when the piercing flatline was replaced with steady beeps. I scanned the whole room, but Seoyeon's ghost had disappeared. I breathed in relief and stumbled back into a waiting bench nearby.

There was no way I was going to let her follow after me. I decided to choose option two. No matter what the mission is, I'll do it and let her stay alive. I turned to face Yoongi, who had his attention solely on me the whole time.

"Option two. I'll do the mission, Yoongi, so let my Seoyeonie live."

Yoongi nods to answer me and reaches out for a handshake. I stare at his pale hand, waiting for my own to take it. Because this means that the moment we shake on it, the deal will be set, and I can't go back on my words. I stood up from the waiting bench and locked gazes with the shorter man in front of me. I took his hand in mine and shook it firmly, letting Yoongi know that I was sincere about my choice.

"Kim Taehyung, you now have 49 days to make Lee Seoyeon fall in love with someone else. If you fail to complete your mission, I'll be taking the two of you together with me."

And he disappears.

"Wait! Yoongi!" I called out desperately to the empty hallway, but only silence answered me.

My heart was racing away in my chest as Yoongi's words replayed in my head. My mission was to make her fall in love with someone else, and not only that, I only had 49 days to do it.

Will I be able to complete it?

There were so many unanswered questions, but the one question that hurts above all was, will I be able to watch her fall in love with another man?

I shut my eyes as the sound of her flatline monitor echoes in the back of my head, and scenes from earlier flash across my memories. Even with my eyes closed, tears still managed to leak through my clenched eyelids.

As much as it hurts to think about her with another man, I will be more hurt if she follows after me. I'm no longer alive. I can't be greedy and want her to leave with me. No, I won't allow it. Seoyeon is going to live, and I will make sure she does.

I opened my eyes and turned towards the glass door leading to where my Seoyeon was. I walked up to it, and my vision landed on Seoyeon's body.

I made up my mind.

Even if it's not me who will be by your side, I will find love for you. I will keep my promise to never leave you alone.

**********

Seoyeon

My eyes slowly fluttered open, and I saw that I was in a strange place. The white interior and the smell of medicine filled my nose. It took me a few seconds to fully adjust my vision and understand that I was in the hospital. Memories of the car accident flashed across my head, and I instantly thought of Taehyung Oppa.

With only worries about Oppa, I tried to sit up a little too quickly to realize that my chest was bandaged, and the pain that shot through me was unbearable that I fell back onto the bed.

"Ah!" I yelped.

"Seoyeon! You're awake," my mother cried as she moved closer to my bedside.

I looked around the room to see my mom, dad, little brother, and best friend, Kim Hani. They were all gathered around my bed, but I didn't see Taehyung Oppa anywhere.

Hani was Taehyung's little sister, and if Hani was here, then where was Taehyung? If Taehyung had been severely hurt, Hani would have been by his side and not mine. I groaned at the pain in my chest before turning to face Hani.

"Hani, where's Taehyung Oppa? Is he okay? I want to see him."

Everyone all grew silent upon my questions. They looked at me with so much sadness and hurt in their eyes, and I didn't like it. The way everyone was staring at me, pitying me, made me feel uneasy.

"Where-is-Taehyung?!" I asked again, frustrated that everyone had turned mute on me. The pain in my chest was not helping either.

"I'm sorry, Seoyeonie. Oppa, he's..." Hani softly answered my questions but stopped to catch her breath. She wipes a lone tear that had fallen on her cheek before moving in closer next to me. She took my hands into her own and smiled down at me with one of the saddest smiles I have ever seen on her.

"He's no longer with us," she finally whispered to me.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at her response to me.

"What do you mean he's no longer with us? What are you talking about, Hani?"

"He left us, Seoyeonie. Taehyung Oppa died during the car accident."

And that was when she couldn't control her feelings or tears anymore. She bursts out into a heartbreaking cry while still clinging to my hands. Her wailing caused me to freak out as my whole body turned numb. I didn't want to believe her. I wasn't going to believe her. I let go of my friend's hand and tried to sit up in bed. She helped me sit up, but when I tried to take off the blanket to get out of bed, my mother stopped me by placing her hands on mine.

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but Hani is telling the truth. Taehyung left us. His head had hit the steering wheel a little too hard, and he broke his skull. The broken pieces of his skull had pierced his brain, and he was pronounced dead at the scene. You've been in bed for a week now, and we didn't know when you would wake up. So, we held his funeral already, sweetie."

Every word hits me hard.

-Taehyung left us...

-He was pronounced dead at the scene...

-We held his funeral already...

Memories of Taehyung's proposal invade my mind, and his words to never leave me alone hits even harder than those of Hani and my mother. We were going to get married. I was going to be his wife. My eyes fell upon my left hand to see the shiny diamond ring still on my ring finger.

Taehyung would never make empty promises to me.

With a sudden rush of emotions running throughout my whole body, I ripped the IV needle out of my arm. I kicked the blanket that was warmly hugging me down into the bed away and felt the coldness of the room pricking at my skin. I tried to get off the bed despite the pain in my chest but was stopped again by my mother.

"Seoyeon, what are you doing? You can't leave yet. You are still not fully healed."

"LET GO OF ME!" I screamed at my mother, who was trying to get me back in bed. I harshly ripped my wrist away from my mom and finally jumped out of the hospital bed. I tried to make my way toward the door, but my mother panicked and ran after me, gripping my arm.

"Seoyeon..."

"I WILL NOT BELIEVE YOU! TAEHYUNG WILL NEVER LEAVE ME!"

I pushed my mother aside to make my escape again towards the door, but the sharp pain in my chest had suddenly gotten worse. It caused me to grip my chest, and my breath was short. I was feeling dizzy and weak. My legs soon gave out on me, and I fell hard onto the floor.

And the last thing I remember hearing was my mother's voice, crying and calling out to me before the world turned black.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Editing is still in process. It sure is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. I thought editing my old books would be a breeze, but boy was I wrong. Hoping to have a few more edited chapters up this weekend for this book.