Chapter Ten-The Stupid Player Game

"Courtney, I made a terrible mistake today." I spoke as soon as her face appeared on my computer screen.

"Oh no, did you put a tack on a teacher's chair again?" She joked playfully but this time I didn't laugh.

She saw my seriousness and sobbered up.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I think I'm cheating on Jake. I challenged a boy with a love game; The Player game to be specific." I said miserably .

"Really! Is he hot?" She squealed and I scowled.

"Courtney, that's not helping my cause. I'm cheating on Jake and I didn't mean to do it! The guy is a jerk, but yes, he's hot." I sighed in defeat.

"I love the Player Game! I've always wanted to do that to a guy!" She said with excitement.

The Player Game is a movie that Courtney and I had watched a long time ago and had fallen in love with it. It was about a girl who was in love with the popular boy but he was a player and challenged him with The Player Game. He accpeted and she ended up getting him to fall in love with her and they had their happily ever after. Courtney and I had promised each other that one of us would do it in our life time. I did it without even thinking about it, being immature.

I cracked a smile but it quickly went away.

"You can't tell Jake!" I sqeaked and she waved her hand at me dissmissively.

"Oh Leah, that isn't cheating. That's just getting even with jerk who needs to pay. Plus, it's not like you're going to the second level of The Player Game. That's were the kissing comes in but you aren't doing that....are you?" She asked uneasily and I shook my head vigorously.

"Of course not!" I said and she sighed in relief.

"Good, then you're fine." She smiled brightly.

"He's just so annoying and I challenged him before I could stop myself. He accepted and said that he wouldn't fall in love but I've got a few tricks up my sleeve." I smirked.

"That's a bunch of bullshit. You're pretty, you're smart, and you've got that biggest heart of anyone I've ever met. How can he not resist you? I swear, if I was a guy, I'd be falling head over heels for you." She said and I laughed.

"Thanks, I guess." I was still smiling.

"Alright well I've got to go. My parents said they wanted to go out to dinner tonight with freinds and they're bringing me along with them. Tell Lilly and Cameron to Skype me." I told her and she smiled.

"Of course, go get 'em tiger!" She pumped her fist in the air and then we logged off, cracking up the whole time.

This is a short chapter, I know but please let me know what you think of this story. I'm not really sure if this is written well. Please vote too! I could use some love. And by the way, there's a pic of Claire on the side!