Chapter 21

We stand up, our clothes sticking to us because we are drenched.
"Lead the way." I say to Hook, he nods and walks off of his ship onto the jetty and onto the dirt that follows. I follow behind him with the boys tagging along. Theo comes up beside me, "Why did you save him?" He asks quietly.
"Because, I need to know where that pixi dust is." I say glancing at him.
"Why do you need it exactly?" I scoff, really Theo?
"Because, it needs to be returned back to where it is stored, or otherwise the magic here could disappear." He nods understandingly.

We enter the tree line that leads into the forest, "where are we going hook?" I ask loudly. "I know where it is don't doubt me." He calls back. He stops under a large tree. Larger than the rest. I stand next to him and fold my arms. "A tree." I say blankly, stating the obvious. "Yes a tree." Hook replies as he tilts his head up and looks to the top of the tree.

He slowly raises his arm and points his hook up. "It's up there." He says, I glance up and then back at him. "You put it in a tree?" I ask staring intensely at him. "A big tree, how the hell did you get it up there?" I ask shaking my head and looking up through the trees branches, observing the height. "Well, it's a long story, but it's up there." He states casually and turns his body to face me, "In what form?" I ask confused.
"Dust. Dust pan. What do you think?" He says as he chuckles. I raise my eyebrows and tilt my head towards him. "Well, how do I get it? Since you put it up there." I say, with a hint of attitude. "Well, climb up the tree, its in large sacks and well tie a rope around it then hoist it down. Have fun." And with that he turns on his heel and back to the boat.
"Really laddie?" I call, throwing my arms up in the air and sighing. I turn around to face the boys. "Well any of you got rope?" I ask. Chance steps forward with a large ring of rope. "Great well, me Theo and Chance are going to climb up and create a pull-up system and you kids make sure we don't fall." I exclaim the plan to them and find a grove in the tree and step into it hoisting myself up.

I repeat the actions until seven large brown sacks come into view. Chance and Theo follow behind me, once I am level with the bags I glance over the, white shimmering sparkles fill them. I sit on a branch and glance down at the others. Chance throws up a rope to me, he is only a couple of branches below me. I catch the rope and grab the first sack pulling it over to me and resting it on my lap. I tie the rope around the sack and pull at it securing it. "Ready?" I yell down and pass the sack to Theo and then he passes it to Chance. I wrap the wood around a branch that hangs over my head and hold the ends. Slowly the rope strains and the first batch of pixi dust is lowered down to the boys on the ground. The rope then slackens indicating that another batch can be sent down.

We repeat this system until the pixi dust is all returned to the ground. Chance goes down first and the Theo follows. Once Theo is a safe distance form me I start to hoop my arms around the branches, and swing down- sort of like a monkey. I reach the last few branches and I drop to the ground a little less gracious then I would have liked. I land with a thud and then quickly cover it up by standing up. "Well, I guess it's time to see the fairies boys!" I exclaim, as I wrap my arms around one sack of pixi dust and hoist it up into my arms. "Get the rest and the others head back to camp!" I call to the others as I turn on my heel and go in a different direction towards pixi hollow. Six of the boys follow behind with the pixi dust, the only movement through he forest is us, our feet making leaves crunch and twigs snap. Moon light shines through the trees casting patterns along the ground. We come to the familiar opening in the trees where pixi hollow is, all the trees clear away apart front the one tree that is wide and enormous, it towers of the rest and dominated the space, in the tree is a small hollow. I walk over to the tree and knock on it- I would probably look like an idiot if I were in the real world, but this is Neverland, anything can happen. Knock knock knock. A small flash dances around in the small hollow before becoming into a shape. Tink.
Her eyes light up at the sight of the pixi dust, "you got it!?" She then zooms out of the tree and around in joy. Typical fairy. "Yep." I say quietly. I then put down the pixi dust by the tree and the others follow and lower the sacks to the ground.

Tink finally calms down and zooms by my dace and comes to a stop. "Thank you." She says obviously grateful. I sigh and simply say "this wasn't for you, this was for Neverland." She frowns but then brushes it off and goes back to zooming around inspecting the newly found dust. "Better be on our way boys." I say and nod towards the path that takes us back to camp. Theo, Abe, Chance, Collin, Jayden and Griffin all start down the path as I follow behind them, the last on he trail.

I saved magic. I saved Neverland. I saved myself. I smile, but it quickly fades as we enter camp.

---------------
Heyyyyy.
Well, this was slightly boring- but it was a filler. Cliffhanger!
I hoped you liked this chapter.

Peace🌷✌🏼