Chapter 9

~Wendy~
"Go collect fire wood with Emmet" Griffin instructs. I enter the forest with emmet, sun shining down on us, leaves falling down every so often. "So Emmet do you remember much of your life before you came here?" He walks next to me grinning slightly.
"I'm going to have to say no, I only remember being here. This is my home I guess." I nod, "What about Griffin?" I ask
"Yeah I always knew that Griffin was my twin." I nod, so Peter wiped their memories of their past lives. Bad intentions indeed. "Do you like Peter?" I want to know Emmet's opinion, he doesn't have a wall up like Theo and Abe. He smiles, confused as to why I would ask that. "Yeah, he's like my brother. You know before he brought you here he was... different." I tilt my head, biting my lower lip. Who could someone like someone like Peter, maybe just maybe he was different. "How so?" I ask.
"Well, since you came he's been more aggressive and less playful like his normal self." Seems like aggressiveness and violence was his nature. "It's almost like he's put up a wall." He says going into deep thoughts. I nod my head.

We reach the place we need to get fire wood. I grab a big bundle in my arms, while Emmet carries the other half. "When he shot that apple the other night, you seemed pretty rattled after. I know it's pretty late for this but... Are you okay?" I smile, I would never think anyone from here would ask that. "Yes... thanks for asking. It was very thoughtful of you." He grins looking at me, his eyes glow with joy. It's nice to have someone not treat you like dirt all the time around here. "That pixi dust, why is it so important?" I ask, I don't know why pixi dust would be so needed in a world that is full of magic. "Well, pixi dust it's special, especially to the fairies, they need it. Pixi dust can give you the ability to fly, to heal a wound, all sorts of things."
"But couldn't you just use magic?"
"Yes you could, but not all magic is good. There is dark magic in every world, even the world you came from, but unfortunately no one sees it. Plus magic always comes with a price. I think it's better to not meddle with magic." There's magic in my world? I would never think that's possible, I guess we're too caught up in other things we never see it.
"Hey Pan kept on saying things about trust to Tink, so you know anything?" I want to know more. I can't just know that Peter has been betrayed before, I need to know all reasons.  "Peter doesn't talk much about that, and he plans to keep it that way."
"Has he ever told you about it?" I push for answers, maybe a little too far.
"Look all I know is that, He and Tink had something go down, he disappeared for a few days, and then he came back to camp drenched in water." He says clearly agitated by my pushing. I decide to let it off. But I still have questions lingering in my mind.

We return to camp with the firewood, we dump it by the pit, ready for any future fires.
Theo sits near the Pit on the floor leaning against the log. He carves something with his knife. I sit down next to him. He glances at me but returns his focus to the object. "What are you doing?" I say casually. He rests his forearms on his knees, he looks at me, slightly angered. But not by me, I can tell it's by something else. "I'm carving this, I like making little nick-nacks." He holds up a light coloured piece of wood, carved into it is a detailed  eye, it has swirly patterns that surround it. "What does it mean?" I ask. He holds it up to his face inspecting it. "I don't know, my little creations just come out when me and my handy-dandy dagger are paired together." I laugh a little. I guess Theo isn't so bad as I thought. Slightly charming actually. But that's besides the point.

"Head to the beach!" Peter yells as he emerges from his tent. The boys and I exit the camp, following a trail, that leads to the beach. To the waves. To the ocean I pushed Peter in, and which he dragged me in. We travel along the path, soon the sound of crashing waves comes into range. We exit the tree line. Salty air taking over from the forest scent. The boys, take off their shoes and run wild on the beach. Not a care in the world. I walk over to a spot right by the rolling waves, close enough that the sand is moist, but far enough away that I don't get wet. I sit down, soaking up the sun and fresh air. I dig my hands into the sand clumping it together. I look out to sea, gazing over the waves. I wonder what's out there? Another island? Who knows. Suddenly I feel a most mixture smash against my arm. I look to where it came from, Griffin stands their, rolling a ball of sand in his hands, "Wanna play girly?" I let out a laugh. And stand up, I grab a ball of sand, he starts running away back to the boys. I run after him, catapulting my sand ball, at his back. It crumbles as it hits his back. "Game on Griffin!" I shriek. It feels good to be genuinely happy, i barley know them, but I know them well. I run around digging into sand and throwing them, then I am tackled side on. I hit the sand. Emmet pins me down, he holds a sand ball above his head. I hold my arms in front of my face. I try rolling out of the way but it's too late, the sand spreads over my face. He laughs getting up and standing over me in victory. I roll over and spit sand out, wiping it off my face. I catch a glimpse of Peters face, a hint of jealousy over him. But he covers it well as he laughs and playfully shoves the boys.

We all walk back to camp laughing and chattering, smiles all over. We enter the camp. But we stop in our tracks. My jaw drops open. Shock comes over me. Who could have done this?

****
Hello.

The picture I have attached is Nick Robbinson, I was looking around for a picture that gave me the 'Emmet' vibe, and I feel like he is perfect for it, what do you think? Now Griffin and Emmet are not identical twins, they are just twins by birth. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I was sort of lacking inspiration, but this is what I came up with. :)
-Holly