Chapter 27 part one

~Wendy~

I tug at my leg but more and more mermaids hands grab at me, pulling me by every limb and even my hair! Ruthless.

One swims up and closes in in my face, she blows a bubble onto my face. My lungs burn but when the bubble attaches into my head. I gasp expecting a mouth full of water to enter my lungs. To take me away, so I fade away.

But no. Air fills my lungs, filling the space. I catch my breath and look around. I am fully submerged under water, too many mermaids surround me. Their hair floats around, they all have piercing eyes and shimmery tails. Should I speak? Can I speak with a bubble around my head? I guess there's only one way to figure that out.

"Get away from me!" I yell as I push my legs around and try to get away from the creatures. It works! What was I expecting? I turn my head, they circle around me. Enclosing me. They hiss and their eyes all in unison flash pure white. My heart beats faster and I could honestly break into cries at any moment. "No." The one that dragged me down hisses. She charges at me, I try to swim out of her reach but she is like a shark and zooms straight towards me and grabs my arm. I wince, her nails dig into my healed cut. Pain shoots up in my arm.
"Your ours now." Another hisses as it circles me and tugs at floating strands on my hair.
"No I'm not!" I yell, my voices cracks.
"Yes, yes you are. You're our meal." My eyes almost pop out of my eyes. What!? These things are NOT eating me... ever! Athena tugs at my arm, her mouth open revealing her razor shape teeth. She then latches her mouth onto my arm. I scream in pain as she tries to rip my flesh. I would try to pull away but it would just hurt more.

Athena is jerked back, a yellow light flashes from my arm. I would expect blood, but there is none. Not even marks. I though she bit me!? She then looks at me and my arm with a confused and angry look on her face. She touches her lip, which has a blue liquid seeping from a small gash, she touches it and winces slightly. "What are you?!" She spits disgusted at me. I frown, the hell she talking about. What am I? Honey I'm normal you mean what the hell are you! She zooms at me again and yanks me toward by my hair. I scream again. Did she pull my hair out!?

"What are you!?" She screams at me, her eyes turn red. Is she angry?
"I'm human!" I yell back in her face.
"I should be able to eat you!" She yells.
"Well your not. So take me back!"
"No, I can eat anything, apart from..." she trails off and she glances down. Her head snaps back to me and she growls. "You touched the orb, didn't you?"
"Y-yes," I stutter as she grips the collar of my gown. Her face close to mine.
"Nooooooo!" She yells as it Screeches and the other mermaids join in, creating a literal ear piercing shriek. I cringe. "Well, you just created a bigger problem for yourself." The creature growls.

Suddenly she does the worst thing she can do for a human under water. She points out her claw and pops my bubble. The one that gives me a chance to breathe. The one that stops water from filling my lungs. The one that's keeping me from drowning right now. And she popped it.

-----------------------------

Hi.

Sorry this was really short but I'm posting the next part of the chapter later today.

Bye🌷✌🏼

The Dark Neverland (completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara